33: binding vow

MORE AND MORE PEOPLE

began to submit to shinoa's control.

     yes, those butterflies technically were a part of her cursed technique that allowed her to manipulate humans, but it worked a bit differently than suguru's.

     they were considered a part of shinoa's collection, but they were bound to wither away like flowers as they age — unlike suguru's technique — which unless his curses were exorcised, they could last a lifetime.

     now for the cut that had healed on the woman's face, it was just shinoa's cursed energy, for curses could use the reverse cursed technique more easily than sorcerers.

     "my lord, did you mean it? the term of endearment you used today...did you?", shinoa asked, as jōgo, mahito, and uraume were in charge of watching the humans slave their days away.

"would you rather me refer to you as something else?", sukuna questioned, laying on his side, as he watched the ebony-haired curse halt in her playing.

     slightly clutching tighter onto her biwa, shinoa shook her head.

     "I just...never thought that you'd take someone as your wife, that's all", the dark-haired woman meekly explained.

"oh, so now you're saying that I'm not committed, hm?", sukuna teased.

     "well, you certainly have had a long list of women at your beckoning and call, my lord", shinoa playfully pouted.

"even you know to refer to them as my past. can't you see that I'm loyal to my bunny and my bunny only?"

shinoa brightly smiled, as she had set her biwa down, inching closer to the king of curses.

"then what about a binding vow, suki?"

her nickname for him had very much pleased the man, for he had immediately pulled the woman onto his lap, cradling her.

"what about it?", sukuna asked, lifting shinoa's delicate wrist, as he examined the blossoming ring on her finger.

"we could be bound together for eternity", shinoa innocently suggested, to which sukuna's matching red eyes had flickered towards the woman's fair expression.

he airily chuckled.

"really? you'd wish that upon yourself?", sukuna casually questioned, not seeming to take in the seriousness behind his queen's request.

the ebony-haired woman then took a section of her hair and untied sukuna's high ponytail, allowing it to fall upon his broad shoulders.

she then snatched a hefty section and started braiding their tresses together, a mix of black and maroon.