24: to be or not to be

SUKUNA HAD CAME BACK

     to a bouquet of flowers lying on his table inside his room, to which he had already guessed it to be shinoa's doing.

"uraume, where is she?", sukuna questioned.

"she's outside picking flowers still", the curse user answered.

     "then who brought the roses back into my room?"

     uraume halted in dislocating the human's shoulder from its glenoid socket.

     "I apologize. I—"

     sukuna immediately pivoted around and left for the outside, where he had found shinoa sitting and chatting with mahito.

"so I'm not a curse manipulator like my brother, is what I'm understanding..."

"correct! that curse that you mentioned — hanami — probably had a strong will to protect you and you most probably also helped curse him because you couldn't accept his death.

hence he's been haunting you, as you humans say", the blue-haired curse explained.

"oh...so I'm chaining him to me even after death...how do I set him free? I wish for him to worry no more about me", shinoa stated.

"why don't you just utilize his powe—"

"become a curse", sukuna chimed in, causing the two to flinch, as shinoa turned around with a smile.

"sukuna-sama! welcome back", she greeted.

"usagi-chan, what're you doing out here with him? if you have any questions, you can just ask me", sukuna stated.

"oh...okay!"

"come on, let's head inside now. it's still a bit breezy and humans are pathetically weak", sukuna commented, to which shinoa had felt an arm wrap around her waist as she stood up to leave.

"until another time then, mahito", shinoa waved, to which the blue-haired curse had playfully smiled back, but then dropping it as soon as sukuna's eyes had shot him a glare.

"yeesh! scary~"

🐇🥕

"sukuna-sama, when you said that I could set hanami free by turning into a curse, what did you mean by that?", shinoa innocently questioned, as she had sukuna lay his head on her lap.

     the tired curse closed his eyes, as he allowed the ebony-haired woman to run her fingers along his short coral shaded hair, and the other to caress his face — exploring it with curiosity.

     shinoa's thumb traced the edge of the ridge that separated sukuna's supposedly two faces, as the king of curses lowly hummed in content.

"it means what it means", he vaguely answered.