7: ruby red

SUKUNA WAS GONE FOR

SUKUNA WAS GONE FOR...

one full month, wrecking havoc amongst every village that he stepped foot on.

and it was because of his reckless destructions that many of the sorcerers had been gathered together, including shinoa's brother, and the other special grades.

that had also meant that shinoa never got to meet — go on a date, according to her parents — with gojō, which shinoa was fine with.

"shinoa-san, you're getting better at writing your name", fushiguro complimented, as for the past month, the boy would bring his homework over while educating shinoa on how to write.

     after all, no one in the getō estate wished to spend a vast amount of time teaching someone who was blind how to write — much less reading.

     and since the majority of curses didn't even speak, there were even fewer that knew how to read and inscribe.

     "thank you! but that's only because you're a forbearing instructor", shinoa smiled, to which fushiguro had softly hummed.

     "not really...you're just a willing learner, and plus, it's always fun when I'm spending time with you, so it doesn't feel like a chore", fushiguro honestly admitted.

"you're always the sweetest, megumi. hanami and I have actually prepared a little present for you", shinoa stated, as this was hanami's cue to present the flowers.

"red poppies??"

     "the ones that hanami and I planted a while back. they blossomed already, and I thought they'd be a nice gift for you, since you're always working so hard and aiding me", shinoa cheerfully explained.

fushiguro leisurely accepted the small bouquet of red poppies, slightly smiling down at them, as he tightly embraced the woman before him.

     "thank you, shinoa-san", the dark-haired boy said with a muffled voice.

     "of course! now, it's about time you go home. hanami, will you accompany him please?"

     "okay. I'll be back soon", hanami stated.

fushiguro softly sighed, as he just wished that he could stay beside shinoa, because honestly, he enjoyed her company a hell lot more than his entire family's.

"don't worry, you'll see me soon", shinoa smiled, ruffling fushiguro's head, as the green-eyed boy just nodded.

     "okay, well, see you soon then", fushiguro muttered, as hanami followed the boy out with a large distance in between them.

     whenever fushiguro returned home, hanami would make sure to stay hidden from the normal humans, so that no one would freak out.

     though when hanami had found out that fushiguro didn't actually reside at their village and was a part of the zen'in clan, he was about to disclose the young child's secret until fushiguro bluntly confessed that he wasn't here to harm shinoa.