15: climateric

SUGURU WAS PERPLEXED

the whole point of this mission was to sacrifice the star plasma vessel for master tengen, so that the two could merge and peace would be maintained.

     yet the young girl — amanai riko — was only fourteen. and she too wished to live life to the fullest, just like suguru's twin.

     "I want to go to more places and see more things with everyone...more!!", she cried, pouring the truth out from her heart.

     "let's go home then...riko".

but riko never got to make it home; at least not alive.

it wasn't their fault per say, but perhaps they had accidentally let their egos slip into their heads.

"the strongest duo huh?", suguru dryly chuckled to himself.

fushiguro tōji — the outcast of the zen'in clan, but also known as the sorcerer killer — was hired by a mysterious man, who bribed him with a large sum of money.

though he had successfully completed the job, his life was supplemented to gojō's own personal improvement.

"throughout heaven and earth...I alone am the honored one".

and indeed he was, for he severed the man's entire arm and nearly all of his stomach.

"megumi. the name means 'blessings'. and I'm the one who gave him that name".

it was his last resort, putting away his petty pride for the sake of his son. it wasn't too late, for his son could still be saved, even if he couldn't be.

     so who exactly played the villain in this story?

     "sukuna...don't forget the agreement we had...for gojō's development, that was necessary", the curse user choked out.

     kenjaku — a sorcerer as ancient as tengen — had the ability to gain access to other people's bodies by implementing himself, as a brain, into others.

     he was so close, so close to awaiting for getō suguru's breakdown and taking over, but here he was, being pinned down by the king of curses.

     "necessary? you should've known better than to mess with what I've claimed as mine", sukuna scoffed, as he stabbed his trident into the current body that kenjaku possessed.

a pool of blood splattered across the ground and onto sukuna's bare upper body.

"she's my prey, and it's up to me to determine her life and death. lay off, for this will be your last and only warning", sukuna threatened, harshly pulling the trident out of the man's body, as he left without remorse.