10: sorcerer friends

"LORD SHIBUTO AND HIS

     entire family died from a fire last night", shinoa's mother informed.

"it's truly unfortunate, but at least we can sigh a breath of relief", daiji added on.

     "shinoa, that demon that you're housing doesn't have anything to do with it, right?", the woman's father asked.

"father, he's a curse and his name is hanami. but no, he was in my room all night like always", shinoa answered.

"curses, demons, they're all the same. both shouldn't exist in this damned world. the only thing they're good for is creating money-making jobs for people like suguru", daiji matter-of-factly stated.

shinoa kept her mouth shut, as her parents started discussing about other irrelevant things in front of their unmindful daughter.

"shinoa, suguru's coming back today, and he's bringing his friends. one of them includes gojō satoru, so make sure you dress well and powder your face", pyua reminded.

"suguru's coming back?! I thought they said he was going to be gone for another few months or so!", shinoa smiled, elated by the news.

"well apparently they had lost track of sukuna, since he stopped terrorizing all those villages around us. hence they're coming back, but in truth, I believe our village is next on that wretched demon's list", daiji mumbled.

     "oh honey, don't say that! you might jinx it", pyua harshly remarked.

     "well it's the truth! if sukuna were to attack this village, we'd all be dead in a matter of minutes. I'm afraid even suguru won't be enough to protect us", daiji commented.

     shinoa shivered at the thought of being murdered without any rhyme or reason.

     "now let's stop this depressing talk! shinoa, you should go get ready now. I've already told the chefs to prepare a sumptuous dinner", pyua exclaimed.

"yes mother", shinoa replied, as she dipped her head and left the main room.

back at the her own room, she was greeted by her best companion: hanami.

     "are you okay?", the flower curse questioned.

     "yes, thank you for your concern, hanami. father and mother simply called me over to instruct me to be on my best behavior for tonight. suguru's bringing friends over — including his best friend: gojō satoru", shinoa explained.

     "I see...so which layers of clothing did you wish to wear for tonight's dinner event?", hanami asked, seemingly to have already known what shinoa's parents were thinking about doing.

     dress her in flashy clothing so that perhaps the head of the gojō clan would notice her and take her in as his official wife.

     "maybe pink?? I don't know what goes well with it, but pink's as close as I'm getting to wearing red", shinoa softly sighed.