32: shrine

NOBODY EVER DARED TO

     wake sukuna up unless ordered to. however, shinoa wasn't just anyone.

     the ebony-haired woman hovered above the king of curses, softly cooing his name, as she lightly giggled at the man's scrunched up expression.

"my lord, we're going to miss the sunrise if you take any longer. come on! you promised to watch my first sunrise with me", shinoa whined.

the king of curses groaned in response, as he lazily sat up, yawning.

     "what are you—"

     shinoa suddenly gasped, rushing towards the shōji and sliding it open, as her room connected to the backyard of the house, where there was a perfect view of the vast lands.

     shinoa patiently awaited on her tippy-toes, noticing how magical the entire event looked, as the bright flaming ball rose from the valleys and illuminated every part of the land with its ultraviolet rays.

     it was like it had lit up her insides as well, for she felt more than content to be able to witness such an aesthetic phenomenon.

     it was truly the simplicities in life that gave her joy.

     smiling to herself, she suddenly noticed sukuna standing behind her, still looking groggy and out of it.

     "my lord, I don't ever think I'll get tired of watching the sun rise", shinoa admitted, causing an exasperated sigh to escape the man's lips.

     "I just wish that there was some way we could watch the sun rise and set in a single room, catered to us only", shinoa pouted.

sukuna wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her in towards him.

     "why don't we have the humans build us a shrine to worship us?", sukuna suggested, to which shinoa had cracked a smile.

"do you think they'd do that for us? we'd have to offer them a brilliant deal", shinoa added on.

"we don't need to offer them anything. they should be honored to offer their services to us", sukuna corrected.

     "we shouldn't be so hostile, sukuna-sa—"

     "drop the honorifics", sukuna interrupted.

     "but—"

     "at least for when we're alone", the king of curses mumbled, nuzzling his face into the crook of shinoa's neck. his maroon locks entangled with shinoa's dark ones, just like their fingers.

     the two curses lightly swayed from side to side, as shinoa suddenly chuckled.

     "then...how about a nickname for my lord?"