5: hide-and-go-seek

ALTHOUGH IT WAS ONLY

the fourth day of sukuna's stay, he was already healed like he had never gotten hurt in the first place.

the previous day was just him watching a special grade curse planting poppies with a human who couldn't even see.

     yet surprisingly, she did a fairly good job of digging holes in a straight line and dropping the seeds in, meanwhile hanami covered the holes with more soil and sprinkled some water for the plants' hydration.

     "shinoa, I believe beni has fully recovered. it's about time to let him go", hanami stated.

     shinoa immediately pouted, cuddling sukuna closer to her face.

     "but beni doesn't want to leave...right, beni??"

     'LET ME GO, YOU VILE WOMAN!!'

     sukuna's paws attempted to push shinoa's face away, only for the dark-haired woman to mistaken it as a sign of affection.

"aww, beni wants some kisses!", shinoa cooed, gently pecking the bunny's paws and tummy.

"s-s-shinoa, seriously, it's time to let him go", hanami choked out.

shinoa sighed, as she knew that hanami had a point, and that she had previously promised him.

     "you're right...but I'll miss him...his fur's so soft!"

     "we can always get an actual bunny. don't forget that this one's a curse", hanami reminded.

     "true...but will they be as intelligent as this curse bunny?"

     "probably not", hanami honestly replied, to which shinoa had only frowned even more.

     "well, I suppose I cannot keep him beside me for forever...spirits are meant to be free. which reminds me, thank you for choosing to stay with me", shinoa softly smiled, gripping onto hanami's arm, as he guided her towards the forest.

     the flower curse simply didn't respond, as he was never good with replying to shinoa's sweet sincerities.

     "we're here...or at least where you first found him", hanami announced.

     "alright", shinoa sighed, slowly descending onto the ground by sitting down, as she rubbed sukuna's paws for the last time.

     "be safe now, beni. come back and visit anytime you wa—"

     before the woman could even finish her sentence, sukuna had already hopped out of her embrace and booked it.

     "or not...", shinoa depressingly mumbled, as she felt a hand pat her back.