21: twisted purity

SUKUNA AMENDED HIS DECISION

for the first time ever.

     the king of curses watched as shinoa had given uraume a piece of paper, most likely with the curse user's name written on it.

"I practiced for days to perfect your name and write thank you", shinoa smiled, as uraume begrudgingly accepted, folding the paper and keeping it inside their plain monk robe.

"I shall expect your return, sukuna-sama", shinoa slightly waved, as she heard the doors shut.

uraume glanced back for a moment, debating whether this was a wise decision or not. however, they were in no position to question their master's motives.

"uraume, wait until all the men leave the village first", sukuna instructed.

     "yes, sukuna-sama".

     the white-haired sorcerer with an irregular line of dark plum pink running horizontally across the back of their head had only raised their brow up in suspicion, as indeed all the men from the village below them had gathered together to leave in sync.

     "sukuna-sama, pardon my stupidity, but where exactly are they all going at the same time?", uraume questioned, for they did not understand what could cause them to all leave their wives and children behind — vulnerable.

"to our hideout", sukuna casually answered.

"then shouldn't we—"

"this is all a part of his plan. that day that we exterminated all the curses in the forest was for kenjaku to direct the villagers safely up into our residence", sukuna explained.

"then shinoa..."

sukuna turned around to meet the monk's gaze.

"she's not allowed to die unless I permit her to".

🐇🥕

     the ebony-haired woman was humming to herself as she strummed the wooden biwa with her bachi.

     "those notes make the piece sound a bit depressing...I should change it so that it'll sound more jovial when I perform it for sukuna-sama", shinoa mumbled to herself.

upon practicing once again, the woman was quite elated to present her new little tune to her deity while dressed in all white: absolute purity and innocence.

however, it wasn't long before the woman had flinched at the sudden footsteps that have marched up the hill, surrounding the abode.

     "people? but they wouldn't dare step on the curses' territory...", shinoa tried to reason.

the ebony-haired woman scattered around, as she tried to quietly find a place to hide, only to realize that she did not know the house well enough to shield herself from trespassers.