11: zen'in heir

FUSHIGURO COULD TELL

that something was bothering shinoa, for she was not as concentrated as she usually was.

     "shinoa-san, is something on your mind?", fushiguro questioned, putting down his book, as he watched the woman flinch at the mentioning of her name.

     "ah, well...it's nothing really", shinoa replied, as she didn't wish to concern a seven year-old with her issues.

     fushiguro furrowed his brows, as hanami continued helping shinoa thread the red string through the minuscule hole of a needle.

     "shinoa-san, I thought we agreed to share everything with each other", fushiguro pouted, to which shinoa had just patted the boy's head.

"I promise, it's really nothing. I just haven't been sleeping well lately, since the weather's getting colder", shinoa lied.

after all, hanami was still beside her, and she didn't want to broadcast what gojō had told her before they had all left.

'you're a smart girl, shinoa-chan. I hope you know that there's no such thing as friendship between curses and humans'.

     "someone's here", hanami stated, as a maid was indeed waiting outside of shinoa's room, delivering a message.

     "e-excuse me, shinoa-sama!"

     "speak please", the dark-haired woman replied.

     "umm...there's a man outside looking for the boy. it seems as though he's the heir of the ze—"

     before the maid could even finish her sentence, fushiguro had immediately stood up and rushed towards the shōji.

     "pardon me, shinoa-san, but I think my guardian's here to get me, so I'll be leaving now".

     "oh, should I walk you to the door? I mean, wouldn't it be best for them to receive an introduction from me and—"

     "there's no need. thank you though", fushiguro hastily replied, as he left without another word.

     "do you think he's okay? what if he gets in trouble? I think I should go check on hi—"

"shinoa, I believe it's best if you don't", hanami intervened.

"why?"

"he...he didn't wish for you to know, but at this juncture, there's no point in you not knowing".

"what are you talking about?? is he part of a daimyo's family or somethi—"

"shinoa-sama, the heir of the zen'in clan has requested to see you. also, daiji-sama and pyua-sama are also present", another maid had suddenly reported.