35: betrayal

SHINOA HEEDED TO SUKUNA'S

     request, training every day and night. sometimes he would watch her, as he instructed her on how to do something better.

     the two spent their days eating together, sleeping together, bathing together, and commencing many hobbies together.

     though obviously, shinoa was the more artistic one, for she preferred to paint, read, play the biwa, and write, more than her beloved.

     when the end of august had finally arrived, the couple's shrine was also completed.

     although some humans naively believed that they would be freed, they were unfortunately not. they were forced to come to the shrine every morning and worship the sculpture that was handcrafted by some of the extra humans.

     sticking incense and offering fresh fruits, more and more people were reeled into the trap of wishing to become immortal.

     "oh our great shinoa-sama! if you could bless us with your powers, we'd be more than happy to worship you both for eternity!", the people would say.

     and so shinoa agreed, for they were just adding to her already plentiful collection of meat shields.

     "your wish is granted. thank you for the loyal dedication", the ebony-haired curse lightly chuckled, allowing her vermillion butterfly to flutter towards the nape of the beggar's neck.

"THANK YOU! BLESS YOU!!"

shinoa nodded with her fake smile, as she dismissed the woman, heading up towards the top floors — where it was off limits except for those that were close to her and sukuna.

"suki~ where are you?", shinoa called out.

when given no response, the dark-haired woman had entered their shared bedroom, to which she had found her husband lying peacefully on top of their four-poster bed with a mesh drape covering the entire area.

softly sighing, shinoa tip-toed to the edge of their bed, slightly dipping the mattress by sitting on it, as she held her extensive sleeve with her other hand.

     hovering her hand above sukuna's face, she gently caressed the tattoos that marked his cheek, trailing down to his collarbone, and eventually entangling her fingers with his lengthy maroon locks.

     "thank you for giving me a new meaning to life, suki", she whispered, barely audible.

     leaning forwards, she pressed her rosy lips against the man's forehead; it was with such adoration and gentleness, that sukuna would've melted if he still possessed a physical heart.

     straightening her posture, she was about to get up and leave, before a hand had roughly gripped around her wrist.

     "where are you going?", a groggy voice questioned.