18: to despair

⚠️ TW: attempted r@pe (not explicit) ⚠️

SHINOA WAS ESCORTED...

back into naoya's room right after the ceremony, meanwhile the groom and everyone else dined.

despite being an arrogant asshole, naoya still respected the fact that the woman didn't wish to lose her virginity until their wedding night — for he believe that that was one of the many virtues of being a good, pure wife.

     "why...?", she whimpered, untying the white blindfold around her eyes, as she hunched forward, covering her mouth to stop her sobs from escaping.

     "why didn't he come for me?", she quietly mumbled, feeling hot tears stream down her hope-drained face.

     "he promised...he promised that he'd protect me forever...", shinoa weeped, her own emotions overwhelming her so much that she nearly puked.

the betrayal had made its mark in her tender heart.

"why're you pathetically crying when you could be running away?", a voice suddenly questioned.

     shinoa didn't even care to answer, for she was too engrossed in her own devastation.

     her parents only used her to up their status in the hierarchy. hanami died, fushiguro left, and even suguru had disappeared to who knows where.

     who else did she have?

     "how?", the woman choked out.

     "how could I? the moment I try, they'd catch up in no time. and even if I were to successfully escape...where would I even go? where...where can I belong without being used...?", shinoa whispered, her voice reaching the brink of desperation.

sukuna simply stared down at the pitiful woman before him.

     perhaps the woman needed a little push.

the king of curses tilted shinoa's chin upwards with his right hand, as his thumb flicked away her tears.

     she looked so delicate — like a peony that he could easily crush between his fingers.

     sukuna then craned down to lean his cheek against shinoa's.

     "after tonight's over, you will forever be a zen'in...do you really want that?", the king of curses gently whispered, as shinoa clenched her teeth to stop herself from trembling in fear.

     "I'll let you think on it. when you're ready...call for me".

     without a moment wasted, the warmth had evaporated, signaling to shinoa that sukuna had disappeared, at least from her vicinity.