6: beni's back

SHINOA WASN'T COMPLETELY

stupid. her gut feelings — or as some would call it, a woman's intuition — has helped her a long way.

     "why did you aid me and take me in?", sukuna abruptly questioned, causing shinoa to pause in her steps and loosely release his hand.

     "honestly speaking...I'm not the type of person to save everyone just because I wish to. I'm not brave enough for that...in fact, I used to be deadly afraid of cursed spirits", shinoa embarrassingly admitted.

     "but suguru once told me that the cursed spirits originate from people's negative emotions. and in my opinion, technically it's our fault that they exist, and they're just trying to live like us.

     so I try to broaden my mindset and put myself in a curse's position. if I were on the verge of death, I'd want someone to save me as well, wouldn't I? whether it be a curse or human..."

     once shinoa finished her elucidation, she anxiously awaited to hear back from the king of curses.

     "that's stupid", sukuna plainly stated, to which shinoa had just awkwardly let out a dry chuckle.

"I suppose...", the dark-haired woman muttered.

"you do realize that not all curses are born from a human's negative emotion, right?", sukuna scoffed.

     "well then why don't we sit down and talk about this in a more serene manner? in fact, you can even turn back into your bunny form and—"

     "are you trying to command me on what to do?", sukuna darkly questioned, furrowing his brows, as shinoa internally died a little.

     'that was not it, huh...?'

     "w-well...I-I just get kind of anxious around things...or rather people and curses that I'm not familiar with..."

     "you weren't familiar with me a few days ago and yet you placed kisses upon my hands and nose. what's the logic behind that?", sukuna mocked, now enjoying the light rouge that had miraculously coated the woman's pale face.

     "y-you were a bunny!! bunnies aren't intimidating", shinoa reasoned.

"so that flower curse that sticks around you isn't?"

     "hanami's different...he's been with me for years. and plus, I know the basic outline of him, and I'm positive that he'll never hurt me".

     sukuna raised a brow.

     "basic outline?"

     "yeah, like I know he has two arms and two branches that protrude out of his eyes. on his left shoulder there's a large flower that he covers up with a cloth", shinoa recited.