13: wintertide

"YOU'RE GOING SOFT

     "YOU'RE GOING SOFT...

     for her", a servant of the kamo clan — with a stitch across his forehead — had stated.

the curse user's words lingered in sukuna's mind, causing the king of curses to initially scoff at his statement, only for him to incidentally ignore the dark-haired woman for two months straight.

     "s-sukuna-sama, w-what's been on your mind recently?", the woman that was sent as a sacrifice to sukuna in order for their village's safety had hesitantly questioned.

"did I say that you could speak to me?", sukuna rudely replied, as he took another sip of sake.

'it tastes bland compared to the other one...'

sukuna clicked his tongue in annoyance, as he rubbed his temples, suddenly feeling a pair of hands stroke his shoulder blades.

the woman's nimble fingers started messaging from the king of curses' deltoid to his four arms.

"at least you're good for something", sukuna muttered, relaxing under the woman's touch.

gisei — a name that sukuna bestowed upon the dark-haired woman — simply smiled, as she originally was beyond frightened by the curse's appearance.

     however, when sukuna had spared her and in turn murdered all those that had abandoned her for their own selfishness, she couldn't help but feel that she must've struck something within the king of curses' nonexistent heart.

     yet for some reason, every time sukuna was about the bed the woman, he stopped himself after his obi had dropped onto the floor.

     the bell that shinoa had gifted him trickled onto the ground, serving as a constant reminder.

hence gisei attempted to steal it, to throw it away so that she could be ravished by the most fearful curse in existence.

'I could be the most powerful woman standing. I can be his only weakness...I can rule alongside him! if only I can get rid of that stupid bell that ruins our time together every single—'

     "what do you think you're doing?", sukuna darkly questioned, bringing gisei out of her avaricious thoughts.

     her hand was so close, so close to snatching the bell that dangled from sukuna's obi.

     "I think I've been treating you too well. I heard from uraume that you even dared to order them around. who do you think you are?", sukuna snarled, standing up as he shoved the woman away.

"s-sukuna-sama, I-I didn't!! I was just simply asking them to help me with the cleaning, so that you could come home feeling—"

     "home? you speak as if we've wedded. now let me just remind you, I named you 'sacrifice' for a reason. you are meant to be killed", sukuna evoked.