23: mahito

"YOU'RE LYING", SUGURU

     proclaimed, as he glared at his best friend, who was dead serious.

     and considering gojō satoru's personality, it sure didn't happen often.

     "I'm not", gojō sternly replied.

     "nanami said that he saw her alive, alive and well with ryōmen sukuna", gojō reported.

     the dark-haired sorcerer clenched his fists, wondering how this all happened.

     "suguru, come back to us. we can find shinoa and kill sukuna together. we're the strongest, aren't we?!"

     suguru's jaw stiffened, as he deeply breathed in and out.

     "is that an order from the higher ups? aren't they pissed that I murdered an entire village of innocent people?", suguru scoffed.

"you know I don't give a shit about those old stinkers. this is my own proposition", gojō lied.

after all, he had to convince the higher ups to spare suguru from being hung by redeeming himself by joining in on the hunt for sukuna and exorcising him once and for all.

the dark-haired sorcerer suspiciously looked at gojō, who just cracked a mischievous grin, as if reminding him of the good old times.

"once I save shinoa, I'm going back to my original plan", suguru proclaimed, as gojō had only nodded, already planning a way for suguru to stay.

     'if I marry shinoa, then suguru will be forced to stay and won't stray away from the correct path', gojō thought.

"sure, whatever", the white-haired male casually dismissed.

"I'm trusting you on this, satoru".

🐇🥕

"sukuna-sama, I've arrived with the curses", uraume announced.

     "ah, uraume! you found us, how pleasant", sukuna grinned, as him and shinoa had taken shelter at another noble's home, with the family killed by sukuna of course.

"I have brought the highest level curses that I could find, along with those that were willing to aid in sukuna-sama's desires", uraume informed.

     "greetings, sukuna-sama!", the curses — who could speak — all bowed in sync.

     "take a seat", sukuna demanded, as everybody could only keep quiet about the woman that was comfortably sitting on the curse's lap.

almost every cursed spirit in the room were visibly sweating, except the fly heads, who were literally so weak that they couldn't exactly think for themselves.