20: one week

SHINOA HELD HER BREATH

     as she was seated on sukuna's lap, meanwhile the curse — who was in his human form — had encased the woman's hand in his.

     "when making a dash, make sure you dab the brush there for a moment longer. and when making a stroke, always start from top to bottom; right to left", sukuna calmly instructed.

when shinoa had asked to be taught how to write, she was expecting...well, she didn't exactly know what she was expecting.

     but she sure wasn't expecting for sukuna himself to personally teach her and hold her hand, going step by step.

     "are you even listening, usagi-chan?"

     'no'.

how could she, when his lips were so close to tinting the woman's neck just by gently grazing it?

how could she, when his loose strands of maroon hair were tickling her jawbone, making her wish that she could just scratch the itch away?

how could she, when his coarse hands; his hands that've killed and tortured hundreds amongst thousands, tightly yet so gently grip onto her delicate ones?

how could she, when he's pretending as if all of this is normal.

there were such conflicting thoughts and emotions, all controversial and giving shinoa no peace in mind.

"yes...apologies, sukuna-sama. I'm just a slow learner. perhaps you shouldn't waste your time on someone like—"

     "it's not that you're not talented. you simply lack confidence", sukuna pointed out.

     shinoa didn't respond, as she continued allowing sukuna's hand to guide her from the top of the paper down towards the bottom.

"this is how you write your name: shi-noa", sukuna showcased, as the king of curses proceeded with names that the woman was familiar with.

the best way to learn was to start with things that someone is already comfortable with.

once the paper dried, shinoa was able to feel around the sheet and make out each word, as there was a dried patch from where the ink had come in contact with the sheets.

"shi-noa", she copied, shakily finishing the last stroke, as she incidentally turned her head towards sukuna for approval.

a quiet hum emitted from sukuna, as he urged her to keep on writing.

"ha-na-mi...hanami", shinoa softly repeated, as her grip on the brush unconsciously stiffened.

     "sukuna-sama, may I concern you with a question?"