19: devotion and desire

SHINOA CLENCHED ONTO

sukuna's collar, as her staggered breathing and quickened heartbeat alerted sukuna of her unease.

     "uraume, grab me a brand new kimono, or whatever the fuck those women wear", sukuna commanded, as uraume had nodded, recognizing shinoa to be the same woman that sukuna had carried home before.

     once uraume had presented the king of curses with a ko-uchigi — the most outer layer of a jūnihitoe — sukuna had draped it over shinoa's body.

     "you can use the spare room, and uraume's a human just like you. if you need anything, they'll heed to your necessities", sukuna stated, as he didn't earn a response at all.

sighing, sukuna took a seat on a mat in the back of the room, which was dimly lit with a bamboo lantern stand.

"this abode is quite a distance away from your village, so you can sleep peacefully now", sukuna added on, glancing down at the still woman.

     "are you going to talk or what?", sukuna rudely questioned, as he felt the woman's fingers twitch.

     part of shinoa wanted sukuna to stay with her, but another part was desperate to just wither away, as she was still processing what had happened in the last few hours.

     "are you going to kill me?", shinoa lifelessly muttered.

     "why? you're not thinking of dying after I saved you from that shithole, are you?", sukuna asked.

"no, of course not...I want to live, but it's not exactly up to me, is it?"

"of course not, but that's to be expected, right? the god that everyone worships has already planned their futures; their deaths. and since I'm your god..."

      "that means that my life and death lies in your hands", shinoa said, completing the curse's sentence.

     "precisely, so you're not allowed to die unless I commend you to do so", sukuna uttered, as shinoa robotically nodded in agreement.

     "yes...sukuna-sama".

the king of curses grinned, as he gently caressed shinoa's cheek.

     "now that's a good girl, usagi-chan".

🐇🥕

     for the next week or so — shinoa wasn't really sure, as she was just living through the motions — the woman had stayed hobbled up in her room.

     uraume would bring shinoa breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, guide her to the bathtub, and assist with anything she needed; just like what sukuna had said.

once again, the monk-like human was brining shinoa breakfast: a simple bowl of rice, pickled vegetables, and a bowl of miso soup.

     as uraume had set down the tray of eatery and utensils, shinoa had dipped her head in appreciation like she did everyday.