25: a blossoming love

"USAGI-CHAN, COME HERE"

sukuna commanded, to which shinoa had complied without any hesitation.

"now that you're feeling better, accompany me somewhere", sukuna suspiciously stated.

"and just wear a kimono instead of all those shitty layers".

     "o-okay! give me a moment please", shinoa exclaimed, as she excitedly went back to her room to change.

     coming back in a baby pink kimono with sky blue floral patterning tied together by a matching obi, shinoa tugged on sukuna's arm, urging him to hurry up.

     "come on, my lord!! what if we don't make it in time??", shinoa asked.

     "you don't even know where we're going", sukuna snorted, as he begrudgingly got up from his lazy spot.

     the four-armed curse then transformed into his human form, making sure that he was presentable amongst the humans for today.

     as the two headed out the house, they were stopped by a cheerful voice.

     "ehh?? where are you going, shinoa-chan??", mahito asked, to which the woman had slightly shrugged.

"I'm not sure actually..."

"ooohhh mysterious! can I com—"

"mahito, come help me with these...humans", uraume interrupted, suddenly appearing behind the blue-haired curse like a ghost.

"uraume! don't scare me like that", mahito comfortably joked, as he wrung his arm around the curse user's shoulders, to which they had roughly brushed it off.

"don't you like transfiguring humans? I've got a few spare ones in the kitchen", uraume muttered.

"aww, I knew you liked me!! okay, guess I'll hangout with you next time, shinoa-chan~"

"until next time!", the woman enthusiastically waved with a sincere smile.

     sukuna clicked his tongue in distaste, as he egged shinoa to walk alongside him with a quick tap on her shoulder.

     the woman pivoted around, as she started trailing slightly behind sukuna, her hand hesitating to hold his. despite their complicated relationship, the ebony-haired woman had no courage to act first, unless she was in absolute desperation.

     speaking of that fact, shinoa's cheeks had started burning up at the remembrance of what she had requested to sukuna that night they had innocently showered together.

     unconsciously biting the corner of her lip, she had accidentally bumped into the curse, for she did not hear him stop.

     "a-ah, s-sorry!!", shinoa apologized.