epilogue: reunited

"WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?"

     itadori questioned, as gojō had spent three consecutive lectures reciting the story of how the queen of curses came to be.

after all, gojō was left with this piece of literature abandoned by suguru, which was passed down as a family heirloom from the latter's ancestors since the heian period.

"well why don't you just ask the reliable resource that's living inside of you?", the white-haired sorcerer joked.

"I'm actually curious...where is the so-called queen of curses now? although sukuna's not technically fully unsealed, he's been awakened, right?", kugisaki chimed in.

     "which means that the queen of curses has been awakened as well...", fushiguro deduced, causing the entire room to enter into an uncanny aura.

     gojō masked his unease with a bright smile, as he knew that if he were to show any signs of weakness, everyone else would be consumed by trepidation.

     though it did vividly bring the strongest sorcerer back down memory lane, as he recalled suguru already on the brink of insanity after their first and last encounter with the older fushiguro.

and shinoa's story had only further confirmed suguru's distaste for normal humans, who were nothing but a bunch of greedy beings undeserving of protection.

"—jō-sensei!! gojō-sensei!!"

"ah, yes! what's up, yūji-kun?", the twenty-eight year-old responded with a cheerful grin.

"so we were wondering where the queen of curses was once sealed, since ya know, sukuna's being an asshole and not responding to my pestering", the pink-haired first-year stated.

"mm...ever heard of aokigahara?", gojō mentioned.

"you mean the infamous suicide forest?", kugisaki frowned.

"you know why the death rates are so high in that particular area?"

fushiguro internally cringed at the answer.

"due to the queen of curses' negative energy".

"anyways, that's the end of class today! go have some fun while exorcising some curses. bye-bye!", gojō childishly waved, as he skipped out the classroom leaving the three first-years to brood over what they had just learned.

"so...", kugisaki started, "halloween's coming up..."

it was clearly a desperate attempt to change the subject.

"oh yeah! what're you going as?", itadori inquired.

whilst kugisaki had gone on a rant about choosing the perfect costume, fushiguro's mind lingered around the story told.