Ch 4: Explosion

I grabbed the keys from Kory hopping into the drivers seat of the car. I turned to Dick then back to the road driving as fast as I could back to the sisters. Getting out of the car half the building was in ruins.

"She must've lost control" Dick said.

"Maybe she's still here" Kory said.

I walked over to the sister sitting in an ambulance.

"Where's Rachel?" I asked.

"She left, ran" she said.

"What happened?" Kory asked.

"We just wanted to keep her here. To keep her safe" she said. "Where no one could hurt her and she couldn't hurt anyone."

I tilted my head as I read her mind.

"You drugged her?" I asked.

"There's no stopping it now" she said.

"She's crazy" I said.

"Why did you leave her here?" Kory asked as we walked away.

"In a convent full of nuns? Yeah seemed real dangerous" Dick said. "You know, you're the one who stole my car and drove off."

"Yeah I thought you could handle her for a few minutes" Kory snapped back. "But I shouldn't known you left her in D.C."

"I didn't mean to leave her, I-" Dick started.

"You couldn't handle her so you left her with your friends" she said.

"Enough of this. We need to find her" I said. "We don't know where that psycho family is."

I walked back to the car staring out of the front windshield. Kory got into the back seat while Dick got into the passenger.

"I always hated your driving" he said.

"Too bad" I said starting the car.

I drove to the nearest police station as I got out. Dick seemed to be arguing with Kory as I waited by the door for Dick. He walked towards me snatching the keys from my hand before opening the door. We showed our badges walking to an office at a desk. Dick pulled out a picture of Rachel handing it to the cop.

"Long way from Detroit" the officer said.

"It's my sisters kid" Dick said.

"We got a report on this east liner" he said. "Hunter shot himself. Said something about a tiger in the woods with a girl with purple hair like this."

"A tiger?" I asked.

"A green one" he said.

I looked at the officer then to Dick.

"What was the hunters name?" Dick asked.

The officer gave us the name as we quickly walked away.

"What made you go to Minnesota?" He asked.

"Needed a change from San Francisco" I said. "Threw a dart at a map and it landed on Minnesota, I don't really mind the cold."

He grabbed my arm causing me to look up at him.

"Would've been nice if you told me" he said.

"We weren't together. So what was the point?" I asked.

"Don't act like I haven't spent my entire life loving you" he said.

"Sure didn't seem like it at the time" I said. "We need to go find Rachel."

Dick drove to a house that stood alone on a street. Walking up to the door Kory knocked aggressively.

"What do you want?" The guy snapped opening the door.

I held up my badge.

"Need to talk to you about the girl you saw in the forest" I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Did she say anything? Did you see where she went?" Dick asked.

"You know, I already talked to the cops so you can fuck off" he said.

The guy went to close the door when Dick put his hand out pushing it back open.

"Hey! You can't do that!" The guy yelled.

"I'm gonna need you to answer my questions" he said.

Dick threw the guy to the table. I looked away as Dick continuously punched the man in the face. I caught a glimpse of a young boy standing in the hallway.

"Dick!" I yelled. "Dick stop!"

He turned to see the young boy.

"Daddy" he said.

The boy ran into his fathers arms as I pushed Dick out of the house.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked getting into the car.

Kory got into the car talking about a house near the woods where Rachel had been seen.

"I didn't know you had it in you" Kory said breaking the silence.

"What?" Dick asked.

"The way you attacked that man" she said. "I know its none of my business but if you don't unbury whatever it is thats going on, you're gonna explode."

I turned to Dick as his eyes stayed on the road. He turned his head slightly as I forced a smile. Dick stopped in front of a gate. He got out to grab something from the trunk to break the lock.

"I got it" I said.

I got out of the car focusing on the gears inside the lock. I turned my hand as the lock fell to the ground. I walked back to the car as we drove through. I looked around the exterior of the house before we walked in. The lights inside seemed to be flickering. The lights turned off suddenly as we walked into the living room of the home. I felt a presence behind me, instantly I turned around to a woman.

"Get out!" She yelled.

On the other side of Dick was some sort of robot man and a man with bandages. A scream was heard from down below. I turned to Dick.

"Go" I said.

"Don't make me fight you. You don't wanna see what I really am" the man in bandages said.

I twisted my hands as they began to glow green.

"I've seen you, you're Supergirl" the robot man said.

I looked at my hands as the glowing stopped.

"I don't want to fight" I said.

The man nodded. I followed the woman down the steps revealing a railing. Looking over Dick was hugging Rachel as she cried. I jumped down as she smiled walking over to me. I held my arm around her as we walked outside back to Dick's car. I turned around to see the green haired boy, Kory and Rachel shoved together in the backseat.

"Gonna need to get rid of the Porsche" I said inside Dick's mind.

He chuckled shaking his head.