Ch 36: Metropolis-191

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Billy asked.

"No" I said. "But maybe he can help."

We stood across the street from the same house I had grown up in. My leg began to shake as the door swung open. The sight of him caused my heart to stop beating, it was as if the world had stopped spinning. He looked much younger than the last time I saw him, he didn't look worn down but instead he held a smile that I had so dearly missed. A young girl ran out, screaming for him to pick her up as my eyes began to water.

A woman, who I only presumed to be the Wanda Maximoff of this reality walked out. She had dark red hair and warm green eyes. I could feel both Billy and Tommy's eyes burning through my body as I watched the three live the life I had always wanted. In an instance, all my feelings came back. My father was here, he was alive and so was my mother. They looked happy, happier than I had ever seen the both of them. But they weren't my parents, only variants of them.

Billy nudged me as I got pulled back into the reason we were really here. Coming to this house was a long shot at best, I couldn't imagine him understanding any of this. I could feel my breathing shake as I walked across the street. With each step I could feel my heartbeat louder and louder in my ears. Wanda was the first to look up as her smile quickly faded. She looked at me as if she knew me. But she couldn't possibly have.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Clark asked.

I opened my mouth to talk but no words came out. His voice sent shivers down my spine as the last time I heard him speak was his dying words.

"Hello?" He said.

"You're Clark Kent?" I asked, shakily.

"Why, yes I am" he said. "Is there something you need?"

I looked at Wanda who tilted her head. I began fidgeting with my hands as my ears started ringing.

"You're not from here" Wanda said.

My head shot up as she grabbed the young girls hand.

"Olivia, go into the cave" she said. "Now."

"Wanda, what is going on?" Clark asked.

Her eyes began to glow a dark red as she shot a psionic ball from the palm of her hand. I held my hand up absorbing it as she stumbled back, astonished? Surprised? I wasn't quite sure.

"My name is Olivia Grayson" I said. "Formerly Kent."

"That can't be possible" he said.

"I'm protecting a young girl, that one" I said, pointing to America from across the street. "She can travel to different realities which makes her unique, but also dangerous if her power is taken."

"Different realities? That's preposterous!" He said.

"You.. you have something inside you" Wanda said. "I can feel it."

"I have the Chaos Magic that was once my mothers but before her death she transferred it to me" I said.

"That's a myth" she said.

"It was supposed to be" I said.

"Who are those two boys with her?" She asked.

"My brothers" I said. "Listen, it's a long shot but I need help protecting her. Another Wanda variant is after her power, if she gets that power the entire multiverse as we know it will collapse. Incursions will occur throughout the multiverse, and I don't know if I will be able to stop it. Not without Strange and definitely not without my mother."

"Strange?" She questioned.

"Stephen Strange" I said. "Or Doctor Strange."

I tilted my head as she looked as if she was deep in thought.

"I can't do it alone" I said.

Clark stiffened as Wanda continued to stand there in silence.

"I have a daughter, same age as yours, she deserves to live a full life" I said. "Please, I need your help."

"Stephen always had his theories" she said.

I sighed in relief as she glanced to the three people behind me. She slightly nodded her head as I turned around. Billy and Tommy walked on either side of America. She was nervous, though I couldn't blame her.

I left Billy and Tommy to protect America as I went to New York. It was different, there was green everywhere. It was so colorful and not dull. I walked down the street until I stopped at a building labeled 'Baxter Building'.

I took a deep breath before walking in. It was chilled, so silent the only sound was the ticking of the clock. I walked to the end of the hall to a lady sitting behind a desk.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

She was too preoccupied with her nails to look up to my face.

"Is Reed Richards here?" I asked.

"Out of the office" she said.

"Sue?" I asked.

She looked up as her eyes went wide. I stepped back as she pressed a button underneath the desk. The lights went red, a steel door slamming into the ground at the entrance.

"You do not belong here, Olivia Grayson"

"I didn't mean to come here" I said.

"You being here alone could cause an incursion"

"Help me" I said. "You're the smartest man alive, I have no doubt in my mind you've thought about the multiverse."

It was silent as I realized the woman was now gone.

"The Reed Richard's of my reality died protecting his children" I said. "He was an old friend of my mothers."

The elevator dinged as the doors slid open. I slowly walked towards it, the doors shutting before going up. I walked out to be faced with a man near identical to the Reed Richards I had once known.

"Technically speaking, you should be the greatest threat to the multiverse" he said.

"I have protected it from Chthon coming back" I said. "I doubt that qualifies being a threat."

"The fact you could defeat him proves you are. I'm sorry, but I cannot trust you" he said.

I created a force field around myself as electric restraints shot out towards me.

"My mother was by your side when you were dying!" I yelled.

"Not in this reality" he said.

It punched me in the stomach as I forgotten where I was. This wasn't the Reed Richards I knew, only a copy.

"Olivia!"

My eyes went wide at the sound of Billy screaming my name in my head.

"No" I whispered.

I held my hands out as a green dust erupted from my body, throwing Reed back. I focused on the house I had grown up in. I looked on as Billy was on his knees and Tommy unconscious.