Ch 14: The Return of Dr. Light

"Got a triple venti mocha for Rochelle, a small coffee for Dirk and a medium caramel latte for Olivia" the barista yelled.

I walked over smiling grabbing the coffee.

"Dick" Dick said from behind me.

"Excuse me?" The barista asked.

"Oh uh never mind" he said.

I put a five dollar tip in the tip jar handing Rachel her coffee.

"So have you put any thought into our name?" Rachel asked.

"What do you mean?" Dick asked.

"Well you two, Hank, Dawn and Donna were the Titans. So what are we? The new Titans?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter what our name is. What matters is what we do and training for what happens next" he said.

"We can talk about it later" I winked.

I took a sip of my coffee confused.

"This is definitely not caramel" I said.

I walked towards the car getting into the drivers seat. I drove back to the tower as Rachel talked of Gar.

"So, does a certain little someone have a crush?" I asked looking in the rear view mirror.

"No" she scoffed.

"I may not be able to read your mind but I can read people's faces quite well" I smiled.

As we walking into the building Dick and Rachel went towards the combat area. I set my coffee down on the counter going downstairs towards the combat area. Walking closer yelling was heard from Jason and Dick.

"You're kidding right? Because that's all the Titan's are, are sidekicks. I mean it's practically the fucking motto. Wonder Girl, Aqualad" Jason said.

I looked down taking a deep breath.

"You're thinking of the old Titans. This is the new Titans" Dick said. "That was the whole point when Olivia and I put the team together the first time. We're partners. We have each other's backs."

I walked into eye sight looking at the two.

"You have more experience than they do, Jason. They could use your help with guidance" I said.

"Have you noticed they sort of look up to you?" Dick asked. "Follow your lead? When you're on point, they're on point."

I smiled nodding.

"I'm not Robin anymore, you are" he said.

I followed Dick as Jason spoke up.

"If I'm Robin then who are you?" He asked.

I looked at Dick as he nodded his head.

"Good question" he smiled.

Walking down the hall I got an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I stopped walking closing my eyes. Dick had noticed walking back to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said. "I feel- I feel a surge of energy."

"Surge of energy?" He asked.

I looked up realizing the last time I had felt this.

"It's probably nothing" I said.

Dick went to train with the kids as I went to the kitchen. I grabbed the eggs, bacon and hash-browns from the fridge. As I was halfway done with the eggs the kids ran into the kitchen.