Ch 35: America Chavez

I watched as Gar showed Mary how to defend herself beyond her powers. I smiled, taking a sip of my tea. Dick snaked his arms around my waist, resting his head on my left shoulder.

"She looks just like you" he said.

"I beg a differ" I said.

I turned around, pushing Dick out of the way and nearly dropping my mug. A purple portal appeared as Clea walked through it, she had her signature purple suit on. She looked as if she'd been dragged through hell.

"I need you, Olivia" she said. "Now."

I looked at Mary who had her eyes on Clea. Dick looked at me with pleading eyes, I knew he didn't want me to go but knew I was going to. I handed him my mug before following her through the portal.

"So, are you going to tell me what this is about?" I asked. "Also, you look like shit."

"As the Sorcerer Supreme of this reality it is my duty to protect it" she said.

"What?" I said.

"There are more realities, multiverses than ours" she said. "Have you been reading the Darkhold?"

I nodded my head as I followed her to the library. I glanced at my fingers as there was a small hint of blackness to the tip. I was warned the nature of the Darkhold, the power it possessed to turn whomever read it into the worst versions of themselves, into darkness. I controlled it the best I could but some days were worse than others. I had thought about destroying it but always opted out.

"I fear your mother from another multiverse is attempting to break it" she said.

I felt my stomach churn at the notion of my mother.

"Break what?" I asked.

"The multiverse" she said.

"Clea, you're not making any sense" I said.

"There are different versions of you out there in the multiverse" she said. "None of which have the Chaos Magic, it's impossible."

"You're not telling me something" I said.

"Chaos Magic is supposed to be a myth until your mother, and then she transferred it to you" she said. "You should've died absorbing it, and yet you didn't. It was always meant for you."

"Clea" I sang.

She ignored me, going through books frantically.

"Are there realities where my parents are alive?" I asked.

"There are realities where they lived in unison, co-parented, stayed together for the sake of you" she said.

"What about Billy and Tommy?" I asked.

"In some of them they simply don't exist" she said.

I imagined what it would be like to not have them. They may not have been apart of my life growing up but they were my brothers, I didn't want to live in a reality without them, I couldn't.

My mind went to my parents.. imagining them together. The thought of them staying together for the sake of me gave some sort of assurance, comfort that they are alive and living the life they each deserved.

"How is she doing it?" I asked.

"She's trying to take the power of a girl" she said. "A girl that has the ability to jump through different multiverses."

I gulped loud enough for her to hear as she whipped her head to me.

"Is that possible?" I asked.

"This Wanda Maximoff is strong, stronger than your mother ever was" she said.