Ch 46: Arrest

I stood across from Dick with my arms crossed zoning out as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Liv, what's going on?" He asked. "Ever since you came out of stone form you've been off."

"One thing at a time" I said. 

He sighed as I forced a smile. 

"He hasn't talked, he's scared, shaken up. Rachel's trying though. They have a connection" I said. 

"I don't think he was going to be the next victim. I think she wanted him for some other reason" he said. "Tim checked Sebastian's record. He's never been violent in his life. His mother dies, he gets set up for murder. Add Lex Luthor dying, the whole slaughterhouse gang. As crazy as it sounds, this thing has a familiar ring to it."

"It's all so coincidental" I said. "Do you think this has something to do with the Organization?"

"Could be" he said. 

I tilted my head, pondering if I should tell him about my grandmother. 

"When I turned to stone I saw my grandmother. And no, not my fathers mom, my mothers mom. I saw the great Natalya Maximoff" I said. 

"What did she say to you?" He asked.

"She called me the Emerald Witch" I said. "There's a civil war coming my way but she didn't say with who. She was warning me but.. I'm scared I lost Billy."

"You didn't lose him" he said.

"He believes I killed Clea, he truly believes that" I said.

I pushed my hair back, taking a deep breath. He kissed the side of my head before walking away. 

"We should probably get back on the road. Moving targets are harder to hit" he said.

I followed him back to the RV as I got on. I looked at Jinx who was leaning over the table, looking at Conner. 

"So... son of Superman, right?" She asked. 

"Sort of, yeah" Conner said. 

"Can you fly?" She asked. 

"No" he said. 

"That's a shame. What about magic phobia?" She asked. 

"The what?" He said. 

"The magic phobia?" She said. "Hmm. Superman kind of has a brown thumb when it comes to magic. It flusters him."

"That's not true" he said. 

"Actually kind of is" I said. "Not everybody is invincible."

They all looked at me as I smiled. 

"My mother being an example" I said. 

"He always did have a weakness for Wanda Maximoff" Jinx said. 

"He really did, or does" I said. 

"Can we talk?" She asked. 

I looked at everyone, nodding as we went to the back of the RV. 

"I'm sorry, I've done fucked up shit to a lot of people but I never meant for you and Z to get in it" she said. 

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, and you know that" I said. 

"I can't bare to talk to her" she said. "Pretty sure she blocked me every single way possible."

"Keep what I'm about to say between us" I said. 

I looked at the kids, my eyes zoning in on America. She was so pure and sweet, I didn't want anything bad happening to her.