Ch 37: Goodbye For Now

My entire life, my mother and I never had a true relationship. My entire life I thought she didn't love me, it had fueled my hatred for her. She was someone I had secretly admired. She was selfless and often put herself into harms way to avoid anyone getting hurt. It was hard to try and hate her when everyone around the world adored her. After all, she was an Avenger. She was beautiful, more beautiful than anyone I had ever seen.

The woman that stood in front of me was near identical to her. They had the same shade of dark red hair, same green eyes, high cheek bones. But this wasn't my mother. My mother wouldn't be killing thousands of people, willing to sacrifice the breakage of the multiverse to find her children.

Behind this woman was a star portal. The place on the other side was dark, ominous even. I stole a glance, not paying much attention to the place.

"Protecting a child you just met?" She asked.

She sounded exactly like my mother. I looked at her fingers that were darkened, the blackness reaching down to the middle of her fingers. She was being corrupted by the Darkhold.

"Let my brother go!" I yelled.

Her eyes were green but held a certain darkness to them. She put her hand to Billy's head as he began screaming out in pain.

I threw a psionic blast to her as she deflected it. Billy continued to scream, his screams sent shivers down my spine.

"Let him go" I said.

"Stay out of my way!" She said.

I noticed America on the other side of the star portal. She lay on her back, red restraints holding her down to a rock.

"I don't wanna die" Billy said.

"You're not going to die" I said.

I noticed Wanda of this reality unconscious on the ground by the side of the house.

"You dream walked?" I said.

"I can take you to a reality where your parents are alive" she said. "You can spend your life with them."

"They were meant to die in my reality" I said. "I'm not going to risk the fate of the multiverse to see them again."

I held my hands up, tearing out the trees from the ground before throwing them to her. She let go of Billy's mind as he slumped over. I levitated his body out of harms way as Wanda twisted her hands. Red psionic balls rested in the palms of her hands as my suit appeared on my body.

She looked at my suit as if she'd seen it before. Her eyes turned to light for a split second as if she was remembering something, or someone.

"Lorna" she whispered.

My suit was something Tommy and I had designed together, though I imagine he got some inspiration from our aunts suit before she had died.

"She died, didn't she?" I asked. "I know your pain."

"You know nothing!" She yelled.

"You lost your kids, I lost my parents" I said. "I watched both my parents die, the life in their eyes disappear."

"Do you have kids?" She asked.

"I have a daughter" I said.

"Is their father still alive?" She asked.

"Yes" I said.

"Good" she said. "There will be someone left to raise her."

I felt a pair of hands around me, my body now on the ground. I sat up, groaning at the pain of my body slamming to the ground. I looked to my left to see Tommy on the ground. He was having trouble breathing as I crawled over to him.

I pulled his body onto mine as he turned his head to me. I put my hand to his face as he smiled. My eyes started to water at the sight of him.

"I'm okay" he whispered.

Black lines began spidering around his neck as a tear trickled down his cheek.

"I'm glad I had a sister like you" he coughed. "I love you, Liv."

"No" I said. "No. No. No."

His face turned grey as his eyes lost all life behind them.

"You're okay" I said. "Tommy, you're okay!"

I started to shake his body, as if it were to wake him up. His body was limp in my hands, feeling like a doll.

"No!" I screamed.

My sight started to blur at the wetness of my eyes. Suddenly alls I saw was red. I stood up, looking at Wanda as her eyes were glued to Tommy's lifeless body.

"You killed him!" I yelled.

I held my right hand up as it began to glow a dark green, darker than I'd ever seen it. I levitated her body to the other side of the portal. I walked through it as she stood up from the ground.

I threw psionic ball one after another, and another until she couldn't deflect them anymore. I held my hand up once more, pushing her body to a wall. I manipulated the stone around her, as it slowly crept onto her body.

"My brother!" I yelled. "You killed him!"

"Liv, don't!" Billy yelled.

I turned my head slightly to see Billy leaned over Tommy's body. I could feel my eyes slowly die down, noticing Billy's red eyes. I contemplated for a moment if I wanted him to see me kill her. Before I could decided on anything, she broke free from the stone.

She held her hand up, glowing a dark red, her eyes turned from the cold green to a dark red. I could feel her attempting to enter my mind.

I glanced at America, throwing psionic blasts at the restraints holding her down. Wanda turned her attention to her as I placed a force field around America.

"Get out of here!" I yelled.

She jumped off the rock as I threw a psionic blade to Wanda. America hesitated as she ran towards the portal.

"What about you?" She asked.

"Just go!" I said.

I looked at Billy who held so much fear in his eyes.

"We'll meet again" I said. "I promise."

"No!" He yelled.

He stood up, running towards the portal as I pushed America's body to the other side as she quickly closed the portal before Billy could reach it.

I now stood face to face with a woman who looked near identical to my mother. We were alone. Deep down I knew I wouldn't be able to kill her. Not with how much she looked like my mother.

"I can't let you destroy the multiverse" I said.

"I need my kids" she said.

"They weren't real" I said.

"They were!" She snarled.

I was too caught up in her mind when I was thrown off the edge of the cliff. I yelped as my body was in the air. I looked down, landing on the snow hundreds of feet below.

I looked around to see nothing but snow for miles on end. I cracked my neck before transporting to New York. I was desperately hoping there would be someone willing to help me. I knew there wouldn't be another Clea but maybe there was a Stephen Strange here.

I stood in front of 177A Bleecker Street, staring at the door. I could feel people passing by me, going on about their day not knowing their reality as they know it could come to an end. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath before I walked to the door, only to open them up and I was inside.

"Mind telling me who you are? And why I felt your presence upon your arrival?"

I looked up as an outline of a man was levitating in the air.

"You don't belong here, Miss Grayson" he said.

He slowly made his way to the end of the stairs as his face became clear. A faint smile appeared on my face as I was looking at Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme.