Ch 42: Lex Luthor

I walked into LexCorp with a smile on my face as his little henchmen held up their guns to me. I twisted my hand, focusing on the matter within their guns as they turned to dust.

"Sleep" I whispered.

They all fell to the ground as I got onto the elevator. I cracked my neck, fixing my headpiece as the elevator doors opened. Multiple men were waiting for me as I created psionic swords. I slashed the first two in my sight before creating a rope, wrapping it around the neck of a man behind me. I pulled my hand down as his body slammed to the ground. I threw a psionic dagger over my shoulder as I heard a thump.

I took a quick breather before walking down the hall to see Lex with a glass of wine in hand. I held back every urge to just end him right there and then as he sniffed it as if life was peaceful.

"Olivia Kent" he said.

"It's actually Grayson now" I said.

"Of course you married" he said. "How could I forget. May I offer you some spaghetti puttanesca? Or a glass of wine?"

"Oh, so we're being friendly now" I said.

"I've seen your brother has been named Sorcerer Supreme" he said. "And your dead mother was in the attendance, was she not?"

My eyes went wide as he took a dip of his wine.

"And then of course your father was brought back from the dead as if his death never happened" he said.

"It was you who killed him in the first place" I said.

"And you killed me, or you thought you did" he said.

"Enough of the bullshit, what do you want with Conner?" I asked.

"Follow me, Olivia" he said. "I would give you a tour but you know the layout."

I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the dining room and to the hallway. I glared at a painting on the wall as he disappeared for a moment. He came back with two glasses in hand, handing me one.

"Gautier 1762" he said.

"I'm not drinking that" I said.

I went to itch my head, grabbing a small device off my headpiece as it fluttered away.

"I see you got a new suit and a new name? No more Supergirl, huh?" He said.

"Had to get a new moniker" I said.

"Named after your mother's dead sister, yes?" He said.

"Have you been keeping tabs on me, Luthor?" I asked.

He chuckled, taking a sip of the whiskey.

"You murdered an entire town in southern Minnesota" he said. "They were all innocent, but alls you saw was red after the murder of your friend. Garth was his name?"

"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"You're not the superhero everyone sees you as. You're just as bad as your mother" he said.

I smacked his glass out of his hand as he smiled.

"I could kill you, right here and now" I said.

"What would Conner think of you then?" He asked. "He'll see you as you are. A murderer."

"What do you want with him?" I asked.

"Doesn't a father have a right to meet his son?" He said.

"Not when the father is a straight up psycho" I said.

"I want him to stay with me in Metropolis" he said.

"Fat chance. That's not going to happen" I said.

"It might. After all, it is his decision" he said.

"He knows who you are" I said.

"That's exactly the point. He doesn't" he snapped. "I wanna give him the benefit of my knowledge and guidance. And I want him to be prepares to one day take over as president of LexCorp."

I balled up my fists, taking a deep breath as I walked closer to him.

"You just want to use him as a weapon, is that not why you created him?" I asked.

I watched as he walked to a telescope, looking into it.

"Isn't that exactly.. how you're using him, Richard?" He asked. "Hasn't Bruce taught you any other way?"

I looked through the window to see Dick and Tim in a couple buildings over.

"Remember, Richard, this is me.. being gentle" he said.

He turned back to me as I held my head high.

"Imagine if the world found out one of its most beloved heroes had penetrated their minds, killed dozens of innocents and brought back the dead at their own selfish disposal?" He said.

"You have no idea what I have went through!" I said.

"We are very much alike, Olivia" he said. "As much as you'd like to disagree."

"I am nothing like you" I said.

I walked out of the building, proud of myself for not bashing his skull but still wanting to turn around and do it. I met with Tim and Dick as he showed me the files he had gotten from Bruce's tech.

"So, basically I can't kill him but this disease can?" I said.

We walked to the others as I smiled at America. I zoned out, getting the sense someone was calling out to me. I stopped walking, closing me eyes. I opened my eyes back up to be faced with Tommy.

"Anything new?" I asked.

"They're planning to arrest you and bring you to trial" he said.

"They have no proof, they can't because I didn't do it" I said.

He looked away from my eyes as I stepped forward.

"They know" he whispered.

"Know what?" I asked.

"About you bringing me back to life" he said.

He looked up with tears in his eyes as my breathing stopped.

"I don't know the full extent of the proof but it's enough where they convinced Billy to approve of the arrest" he said.

"He knows I didn't do it, right?" I said.

"All the sorcerers have gotten into his head" he said.

"I'll need to gather a counsel then" I said.

"They're coming soon" he said.

I nodded.

"I don't think there's a magic user on this planet that will be part of your council" he said.

"I can think of one. I haven't talked to her in years though" I said.

"Don't fight them, Liv, it'll only make it harder for you" he said.

"I love you, kid" I said.

He smiled before disappearing. I opened my eyes to find everyone staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"You were frozen" America said.

"I was talking to somebody" I said.

"Who?" Gar asked.

"It's really nothing but um.. I need to make a phone call" I said.

Dick looked at me as I walked away. I went down an empty hall, taking my phone out of my pocket. I scrolled to the bottom of my contacts, clicking on her name. I put my phone to my ear hearing a couple rings before she picked up.

"Not going to lie, I thought I was going to be sent to voicemail" I said.