Ch 8: Mephisto

I looked around the Avengers compound. I walked through the halls hearing faint talking. I found Tony and Steve whispering. They quickly stopped seeing me.

"Well, look what we have here" Tony said.

"I need to see Billy" I said.

"Not here to see your mom?" He asked.

I held my hand up as it glowed slowly closing in on Tony's throat as he gasped for breath.

"Olivia!" Steve said.

I let go watching Tony gather his breath.

"This is exactly why you weren't an Avenger" he said.

I walked towards him kicking him to the ground. I kneeled down looking into his eyes.

"I never wanted to be an Avenger" I said. "You don't help anybody but yourselves. You think you're saving the human people but you leave their cities destroyed, making the very people you claim you're helping to rebuild their city alone."

Tony laid there not a word to say. I looked up to see Billy and Tommy standing side by side.

"I'm only here so you two don't get killed" I said. "I don't want to see her."

"But she-" Tommy started.

"I don't want to hear it" I said.

I followed the two down the hall and up the stairs.

"Strange had trapped him in that inter dimensional prison but when he died-" Billy said.

"Strange died?" I asked cutting him off.

"Um yeah. Mom was the one who did it" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"I told you she's losing it" he said.

"Strange was able to take Mephisto head on but he narrowly won" I said. "One day you will become the Sorcerer Supreme, Billy. The most powerful one, even more powerful than Strange. You need to not hold back on him."

He nodded looking at the screen.

"He's hiding in a cave in Vienna" Tommy said.

I followed the two to the elevator going down to the lowest level. Billy pointed to a dark green suit with a small A on the belt. I walked towards it feeling the material.

"Strange had helped mom make it for you" Billy said.

"It's supposed to withstand anything, they gathered some materials from Wakanda to make it" Tommy said.

I grabbed it quickly putting it on. I looked in the mirror feeling ashamed. It felt weird wearing a suit that was not my Supergirl suit. Billy created a portal with his hands showing nothing but empty fields. Walking through it, the evil was immediately felt. Billy led the way to the cave as we slowly walked into it.

The moment we walked through, I got an uneasy feeling. Mephisto appeared smirking as he normally did.

"Wondered when you'd arrive" he said.

He held up his hands as Billy and Tommy's bodies were levitated with a bright red rope around their necks. I ran towards him as he smirked. He disappeared as the dark cave turned into my old home. I walked slowly as my father appeared smiling.

"Dad" I said as tears swelled up my eyes.

I felt my mouth twitch as I smiled.

"Hello my sweet girl" he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Follow me" he said walking away.

As I followed him I heard echoing in my head.

"Olivia! Don't go! He's tricking you!"

I stopped walking.

"Don't go!"

I looked down at my hands as they began to glow. Looking back up I seen my father's eyes begin to heat up. I began to scream as a dark green cloud made it's way to him. The illusion stopped as I now had Mephisto held. I walked towards him looking into his eyes.

"You can't defeat me" he said.

"Not alone" I said.

Tommy and Billy were now behind me. I smiled looking at him.

"You tormented my people, mutants who didn't deserve to die" I said. "You die, today."

Billy and Tommy put their hands on my shoulders as I felt their powers and energy coursing through my veins. I held my hand up as a single green beam made it's way to him. Holes began to appear one by one throughout his body, a white light escaping the holes. Soon his entire body was bright when an explosion went off sending the three of us back. I slowly looked up to see flakes of red on the ground. I smiled before turning to my brothers helping them up.

I put the suit back on the podium turning around. Billy nervously clasped his hands.

"I'm proud of the both of you" I said.

"I wish you would stay" Tommy said.

"This is not where I belong" I said. "But it's where you two do."

I engulfed the two in a hug.

"I don't want you two to think I hate you, because I don't. Regardless of my feelings toward our mother, you're still my brothers" I said. "If you need me let me know."

I heard screaming inside my head.

"Rachel" I whispered.

I looked at the two boys.

"Goodbye" I smiled. "Mind creating portal for me?"

Billy nodded as I told him the coordinates.