Ch 12: End of Trigon

I held my stomach walking out to the backyard. I smiled as John stood at the edge of the pool.

"Are you sure you will catch me daddy?" He asked.

"I promise I will" Dick smiled.

John backed up a little bit before jumping into Dick's arms.

"Look mommy!" John yelled. "I'm swimming with daddy!"

"Yes you are!" I smiled clapping. "You hungry?"

"In a little bit" he yelled.

Dick smiled as I walked back into the house. I pulled out a head of lettuce and tomatoes from the fridge chopping them up on the counter. Sometime later John ran in with a towel around his body.

"Slow down your feet are wet!" I yelled.

"Okay!" He yelled.

I shook my head as Dick walked in. He kneeled down kissing my stomach.

"You think we'll have another boy or a girl just as beautiful as you?" He asked looking up.

I smiled looking around.

"I'm fine with either" I said. "Because he or she will be half of you."

He stood back up placing a soft kiss on my lips. As it became dark I walked down the hall after putting John to bed to see someone standing in the kitchen. Walking closer I realized who the person was.

"Hello" I said.

"Hello Olivia" my mother said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Heard you have a child and looks like another on the way" she said pointing to my stomach.

"Your point?" I asked.

"I'm here to reconcile" she said.

"Why wait so long?" I asked.

"I'm dying and I won't have peace until I talk to you" she said.

I sat down at the counter motioning for her to go on.

"I want to make it very clear that I don't resent you" she said. "When you were born, I couldn't look at you without thinking of Clark."

"Why did you push him away?" I asked.

"I don't mean to hurt you but I never really loved him. He did love me though and I couldn't reciprocate those feelings no matter how hard I tried. A part of me had always wanted to have a relationship with you but you have his eyes and I wouldn't be able to look in them without feeling guilty" she said. "I wish you and Dick the best. At least you were able to find and keep your one true love."

She smiled before standing up and walking out of the front door. I took a deep breath as Dick wrapped his arms around my waist putting his head in the crook of my neck.

"So" he said.

"So" I responded.

"I think you should see your dad" he said.