Ch 44: Unwanted Guests

I bursted through the doors of the prison until I saw Conner. I could hear both Kory and Dick calling after me until I reached him. 

"Have they hurt you?" I asked. 

Conner shook his head as I stepped forward, realizing they were using Kryptonite to keep Conner under control. I looked around as the guards glared at him, talking in their own heads about him. 

"I can hear them. People outside, what they're saying about me" he said. 

"Don't listen to them" Dick said. 

"I didn't kill him" he said. "It happened the way I said it did."

"I know" Dick said. 

"We're gonna get you out of here, Conner" Kory said. 

"And find the people who did this" Dick added. 

"I've never seen anything like that. I didn't know that kind of power existed. He was terrified. No one should die like that" he said. "Not even Lex Luthor."

I got flashes in my head from when I thought I had killed Lex Luthor. I shook my head to get the memories out. 

"How are they treating you in here?" Kory asked. 

"Besides the Kryptonite? Like I'm a murderer" he said. "Like I'm the weapon I was created to be. Lex was right. All it takes is one mistake, and you're the villain."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Conner. You did not kill him" I said. "We'll get you out."

"Dick.. I-" Conner started. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Grayson, Ms. Anders, time is up. We need to question it"

"His name is Conner!" I yelled. 

"This is bullshit. You don't have to answer anything" Dick said. 

"Yeah" Conner sighed. "I do. I was born in a tube. I'm used to being kept in a cage."

"Mr. Grayson, we need-" 

I turned around, throwing an energy blast at the intercom as the guards held up their guns to me. 

"Olivia!" Kory said. 

I held my hand up, levitating the pieces back into place. I walked out as their guns remained on me. I walked ahead of the others as Dick and Kory couldn't keep up when my phone began ringing. I took my phone out to see an unknown number calling. I looked over my shoulder to see Dick showing Kory something on his phone. I put my phone to my ear, answering the phone. 

"Baron Mordo, it's been what eight years?" I said. 

"Nice to hear your voice, Olivia" he said. "Headlines show Billy Maximoff has been officially sworn in as the Sorcerer Supreme."

"Your the last person I thought would be calling me" I said. "After all you did hate Clea for in your words, 'poisoning Stephen's mind', you've wanted her dead ever since she came back from the Dark Dimension."

"I care a great deal for you, you know this, Olivia" he said. "I know you did not kill Clea just as I know your mother did not kill Stephen. We need to talk in person."

"I'm guessing you're already in Metropolis?" I said. 

"Centennial Park" he said before hanging up. 

I jumped as Dick put his hand on my arm. 

"Who were you on the phone with?" He asked. 

"Baron Mordo" I said.