Ch 10: Reconcile

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. I looked over to Dick already looking at me. I felt a smile creep up as I looked into his eyes.

"What did you mean you shouldn't have given it up?" He asked.

"I keep my suit at the back of my closet. Nearly everyday I would stare at it wanting to put it on. So bad and yet I couldn't bring myself to. I wanted to leave Supergirl behind me but I knew he wouldn't have wanted me to" I said.

I sat up looking out the window. I turned back to Dick.

"I didn't want to leave you, I truly didn't. There were times when I wanted to come back, to run into your arms and know I was safe" I said.

"It's what you should've done" he said.

"I know and I'm sorry for abandoning you" I said. "For abandoning the team. I never should have left."

"I'm sorry" he said. "I know how devastated after your fathers death and Garth's didn't make it any better."

"I-"  he quickly cut me off.

"I never stopped loving you, there wasn't a day when I wasn't thinking about you" he said.

I smiled as he grabbed my cheek. He made small circles with his thumb as I closed my eyes.

"I promise not to leave you again" I said. "If you promise not to leave me."

"I promise" he said.

He crashed his lips onto mine as someone knocked on the door.

"Are you two dressed?" Kory asked.

I laughed pulling the sheet over my body.

"Partially" I responded.

"Rachel's making breakfast" she said.

I stood up walking towards the closet. I stifled a laugh seeing some of my old clothes. I grabbed a pair of dark washed jeans pulling them. I looked through the shirts that were hung up, grabbing the burgundy one.

"That color always did look good on you" he said sitting up.

I smiled pulling the shirt over my head before tucking it in. I brushed my teeth before walking out to the kitchen. I sat down at the table as Rachel set a plate in front of me. I picked at the food on my plate.

"Look Rachel-" Dick started.

"I was wondering-" Angela said at the exact same time.

"Please" Dick said smiling.

"Rachel has been explaining your situation to me" she said. "I understand this place is on a loan?"

"Unofficially" he said. "The owner didn't exactly give me permission to stay here, but-"

"I may have another option" she said. "I have a house in Ohio. It's been in my... our family for decades. I was hoping that you, we. All of you are welcome there for as long as you want. I have more than enough room. It's the least I can do."

I zoned out rubbing my arm up and down. Dick startled me placing his hand on my arm.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded. I pulled out my boots zipping them up. I followed Dick outside

"So what? This is like the end of the team?" Gar asked.

"Technically we were never really a team" Dick said.

"Oh we were a team" Kory said.

"I'll see you all again sometime" he said. "Rachel."

"She'll be okay" Kory said pulling Dick to the side. "I'll get them all to the house safely make sure there are no stragglers on our tail."

"Then what?" He asked.

"Then I guess it's time to be Kory Anders" she said.

I gave Rachel a big hug as she squeezed as hard as she could. I looked at Gar doing the same.

"I'll see you sometime soon kid" I said. "Watch over her Gar."

Rachel smiled as I walked towards Dick. I smiled at Kory as she mouthed a 'thank you'.

"Wait" Rachel said engulfing Dick in a hug.

I stood with Dick leaning against the van. I sighed as he clutched his bag.

"I need to tie up some loose ends in Minnesota" I said.

He shook his head looking to the ground.

"Don't worry I'll find you after I do" I said. "I promise I'll come back to you."

I held up my pinky smiling as he intertwined his with mine. I closed my eyes transporting back to Minneapolis. I walked into the apartment building smiling at the doorman. After going up to the top level I unlocked the door to my apartment. I looked around before walking to the room. I grabbed a bag in my closet, I glanced at the beaten up box slowly sitting on the ground. I grabbed the box placing it right in front of me. I took a deep breath before taking the top off. I grabbed the suit holding it up to eye level, setting it on my lap. I traced the red S in the center smiling.

Standing up I put them suit at the bottom of the bag. I put more clothes into the bag. I grabbed the bag walking out of the room. I held my hands out levitating all of the furniture in the living room. I closed my eyes before swiping my hands. As I opened them back up all of it was gone. I slightly nodded my head walking out the front door. I made my way to a random car in the parking garage. I looked a round before hovering my hand over the lock, a click was heard as I opened the door. Once more I did the same with the ignition turning it on. I drove down to the station. The captain was standing near my office shaking his head. I walked towards him as he motioned for me to walk in. I sat behind my desk as he did the other side.

"Care to explain yourself?" He asked.

"Listen, I was helping an old friend in need" I said.

"Didn't bother to call?" He asked.

"It all happened so fast" I said.

"You're one of my best officers Kent" he said. "I have a feeling I know what's next."

"I want to put in my official resignation" I said. "Although I enjoyed my job, I don't belong here. I never did."

He nodded his head standing up.

"I appreciate the open arms to me when I arrived" I smiled.

"I understand, you never seemed truly happy here Lieutenant" he smiled. "I hope you find your happiness Olivia. It's what you deserve."

I returned the car back to the parking garage. I closed my eyes transporting to a nearby car dealership. I walked through the front doors as a salesman approached me.

"What can I help you with?" He asked.

"I need a vehicle that will get me to-" I started. "To New York in one piece."

"My names Daniel" he smiled holding out his hand. "Follow me."

The first vehicle he showed me was a few years old GMC Terrain.

"I'll take it" I said.

"There's plenty more" he said.

"I don't need to see any more, that'll work" I said.

We sat at a table inside going over the paperwork.

"Do you plan on financing it?" He asked.

I felt my eyes glow as I entered his mind.

"I already paid the down payment, remember?" I asked.

"Oh right" he smiled.

I smiled as my eyes went back to normal. Soon he was handing me the keys and I was on my way. A few hundred miles later I was driving through Ohio when I felt something, something wrong. I pulled over to the side closing my eyes. I searched for Gar's mind until I found him. I drove off speeding down the empty highway.