Ch 11: Old Friends

I pulled into a old house seeing a black Jeep parked already. I jumped out of the car running inside. Donna stood over Kory with her lasso in hand. I froze seeing her for the first time in nearly seven years. I looked to my left to see Dick and Gar on the ground in pain. I ran over helping the two up as Donna turned around.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"She tried to kill my daughter" Angela snapped.

"Rachel?" Dick asked as the girl approached him.

"I was trying to help Kory get her memory back" she said turning around looking at an unconscious Kory. "I must have done something wrong."

"No, it's not your fault" Angela said.

Gar stared at Donna smiling.

"The lasso" he said quietly. "You're her, aren't you?"

"I'm an old friend of Dick's" Donna said.

I looked down as she roped her lasso back in.

"You're Wonder Girl" he said.

"I was" she said.

Kory slowly sat up looking around confused.

"What's going on?" She asked nonchalantly.

"You tried to kill Rachel" Dick said.

"What? No. I would never do that" she responded.

"I want this woman out of my house" Angela said.

Dick began to argue with her. It sooner turned silent as Kory walked out of the front door. Dick followed her out as Donna and I looked at one another.

"Liv" she said.

"Donna" I said.

"I see you decided to quit cutting your hair and letting it grow out" she said.

I smiled nodding.

"It always did look better longer" she smiled.

I followed her walking out the door to see Kory and Dick arguing. She got into the truck driving off.

"We have to follow her" Dick said.

Donna pulled out a yellow star throwing it to the back of the truck. I smiled turning to her.

"Hm didn't know you kept those" I said.

"They were your greatest invention" she said.

We all got into Donna's Jeep slowly following Kory.

"When did you make those?" Dick asked turning around.

"I used some technology from Bruce, it was when we were about twenty-two. I was very bored" I said remembering the memory.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Donna asked.

"Not entirely but I think I can figure it out" I said tinkering with the gadgets in front of me.

I placed the star on the table grabbing tiny pieces of microchips inserting them in the center.

"Did Bruce give you permission to use these?" She asked.

"Do you want to know the real answer or me to lie?" I asked looking up.

"Lie" she said.

"Then yes he gave me permission" I said.

About an hour later I had finished the tracking device slowly turning around in the chair.