Ch 23: Elko

I closed my eyes focusing on Gar's mind. My eyes shot open as I was kicked out of his mind.

"What the fuck" I said.

Donna's phone began ringing as she answered it. I looked around the room as Donna grabbed my arm.

"We gotta go" she said. "I haven't seen that suit, ever."

I looked down seeing the Atlantis symbol on the belt.

"Arthur had given it to me when uh- when Garth died" I said.

She twitched at the name. I grabbed a jacket instantly putting it on, I zipped it up as we got onto the elevator.

"Transport us somewhere?" She asked.

"I suppose" I said.

I grabbed her hand transporting to where Donna had told me.

"A diner?" I asked as we neared the restaurant.

"That's all she said" she responded.

As we walked in Rachel and Kory stood next to each other as Dawn entered the other side.

"Is this real or am I going crazy?" Kory asked.

"This is definitely real" Dawn said.

"Why are you following me?" Rachel asked looking at Donna.

"Following, what? You called me and told me to come here" Donna said.

"No I didn't" Rachel said.

"Yes you did" Donna said.

"My check engine light went on" Dawn said.

"Okay, well, this is odd" I said.

The bell to the door rang as someone walked in. I turned around to see Bruce.

"Bruce" I smiled.

"I'm so glad you all could make it" he said.

As it got darker we all sat together looking to Bruce.

"This is troubling news" he said. "And no Conner or Gar?"

"No" Donna said.

"Found bloody paw prints, broken glass and no one shut down the mainframe" I said. "Gar wouldn't leave it like that."

"So when Rachel called me I thought maybe she knew where they were" she said.

"I never talked to them" Rachel said shaking her head.

"I'm aware of what's happened to all of you. And I'm sorry. Lies can tear a family apart and you've been living in the after math of that" he said. "And it's a lonely place to be. But this was a- this is a family of choice. Breaking apart was a choice. In the light of this news, I'm asking you to make another one. To come together, walking away from bad feelings is easy. It's much harder to take the blow and come back for more, but that's what a family does."

I looked to the table as he talked. He stood up looking around.

"If you won't protect one another, who will?" He asked.

He took a jelly before walking out to his car. He revved the engine as he drove away.

"Did he just leave?" Donna asked rolling her eyes.

"Yup" Dawn said.

"What's with the green scaley pants?" Kory asked looking at me.

"The design wasn't my idea" I said.

The tv screeched as we all walked around so it was in eyesight. A news reporter talked about prisoners escaping then talked of Dick assisting them.

"Oh for fucks sake" I said.

I walked outside as the others followed. Donna walked past me ignoring everybody calling for her.

"Troy, where are you going?" Kory asked.

"Back to San Francisco" she said.

"No we need to save Dick" Rachel said grabbing her arm.

"Dick's on his own" she said.

"Donna!" I yelled. "Rachel's right."

"You know Dick as well as I do, he put himself up on that cross. Nailed himself up there and he's going to need to take himself down" she said.

I shook my head as Dawn and Donna walked away.

"I'm having dreams again" Rachel said.

I turned around to the young girl.

"I was at Dick's funeral. Deathstroke killed him" she said. "Look, I know that I sound crazy, I know that. But Dick needs my help. And I really need yours. Please."

I looked at Donna then to Dawn.

"I'm sorry Rachel, Gar needs us more" Donna said.

I clenched my jaw watching the two drive away.

"Up for an adventure?" I asked.

As we made our way to the prison I held my hands up crushing the cameras on the outside. Rachel and Kory attacked the guards as I looked for Dick's cell number. I walked out of the office to see the guards on the floor. I smiled as we walked down the hall. Kory tried to throw fire but was unable to.

"You okay?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah of course" she said.

I kicked the door down walking in. I looked around until my eyes went to the farthest wall.

"Jericho is alive" I said. "Fuck."

We hopped into the small car driving throughout the night. Stopping at a gas station I went inside with Rachel. Rachel grabbed a handful of treats setting them onto the counter. I smiled at the clerk with my eyes glowing. He put the snacks in a bag handing it to Rachel.

"Thank you" I smiled.

As we got back into the car Kory and Rachel began bickering instantly.

"Well" I said.

"Kory" Rachel said. "I'm sorry. I really am."

"It's not your fault" Kory said. "I got upset because I used to be so in control of everything. And now- I don't know."

"Um" I said.

"I'm sorry I called you an intergalactic witch" she said.

"I do give a fuck what your planets called" Rachel said.

"That was very touching but wherever we go, we need to be getting there now" I said. "Rachel, try texting Jason."

She nodded her head pulling out her phone. I laid my head back closing my eyes.

"Not fighting to look for Dick?" Kory asked.

"I don't know" I said.

I held my head the entire way back to San Francsisco.