Ch 6: Safe House

I looked over to Dick as his chest went up and down. Sitting up I grabbed the sheet walking over to my clothes on the ground. I slowly put my underwear and bra back on. I could feel his eyes staring at my body as I pulled my pants up.

"Well" I said.

"Nothing to say?" He asked.

I tucked in my shirt pulling on the jacket.

"I should probably go back to my room" I said.

"Figured" he said.

I rolled my eyes putting my heels back on. I fixed my hair in the mirror before walking out. I leaned against the wall taking deep breaths before asking down the hall.

I knocked on a Rachel's door feeling presence next to me. I ducked down as someone took a hammer to the door which was meant for my head. I twisted my hands throwing a psionic ball to the person.

"Is that a fucking kid?" I asked myself.

A girl from behind me threw a rope around my neck. I saw Gar run down the hall

"Get Rachel out of here!" I yelled.

I put my hand to the rope disintegrating it. I grabbed the girl by her hair smashing her head into the wall as the boy was grabbed off of me. I turned around to see Kory.

"Go to Gar and Rachel" I said.

She nodded. I created a psionic rope in each hand wrapping it around the kids necks. I tightened the ropes pulling their heads together. I heard a loud clank as they fell to the ground. I began walking outside to see Dick dressed in his Robin suit. The fighting continued as Dick tried to fight off the family.

"Enough!" I yelled.

I held my hands up as they glowed focusing on the minds of the assassins.

"Sleep" I said.

Their bodies fell to the ground as Dick and Kory began dragging their bodies. Kory took the kids to Rachel's room as Dick dragged the parents to his. Tying up the parents they began to wake.

"Who are you people? And why are you looking for Rachel?" Dick asked.

The woman stared at me smiling.

"Oh dear you're right. How rude of us to not introduce ourselves" the woman said.

"I'm dad and this is mom. What a pleasure it is to meet you Detective Grayson and Lieutenant Kent" the man said.

"And what a nice bird suit you have I might add. That was quite unexpected" she said.

"I asked her a question" Dick said.

"Right, yes you did. My apologies. All the fighting-" she started.

"Answer the question" I snapped.

"To deliver her" she said.

"To who?" I asked.

"Why, our employer, dear" she said.

"Who's your employer?" I asked.

"I can't answer that" she said.

The woman smiled humming.

"Loose lips shrink ships" she said.

I created a psionic sword with my right hand holding it up to her neck.

"Liv!" Dick said grabbing my arm.

"They're being brainwashed" he said. "Threatening them isn't going to do anything."