Ch 13: San Francisco

I opened my eyes realizing we were in front of Wayne Manor. I looked at Dick before turning to the doorway to see Bruce. I smiled at the man, turning around I seen the kids still sleeping.

"You should go in there alone" I whispered.

He nodded his head getting out of the car. I looked through the glove department finding my phone. I seen a text from Kara sighing before opening it.

Just checking in on you. Always welcome in National City.

I set my phone down in my lap looking up to Dick walking towards the car.

"To where?" I asked.

"San Francisco" he said.

I nodded my head.

"Back to Titan Tower" I said.

I rolled my eyes as Jason kept talking on and on the entire way there.

"It's not a demotion, per se" he said. "More like a temporary relocation."

"Ugh whatever" Rachel said. "Where are we going?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked.

"This bridge has been in a ton of movies" Dick smiled.

"Where exactly?" Gar asked.

"You'll see" he said.

"God I hate surprises" Jason said.

As we walked towards the side of the building I looked around getting deja vu. Dick turned around grabbing my arm pulling me inside. Standing inside the elevator I thought about last time I had been in there. I had stood in the center with a bag over my shoulder and another in my hand hoping someone would realize I was gone and stop me. The elevator door opened snapping me out of my trance. Jason, Gar and Rachel examined the entire room as we walked out. I smiled as they turned around before scattering. I turned to Dick nudging him.

"What are we doing here, Dick?" I asked.

"New team of Titans" he said. "They're going to be better than what we were."

"There was never anything wrong with what we did" I said. "We protected these people."

He clenched his jaw looking down to me.

"I'll take your bag" he said.

He grabbed my bag from my shoulder walking off towards the rooms. Dick had never lied to me in his entire life and it felt as if he was hiding something. I had never known the real reasoning behind the Titans disbanding nor did I care after I left. I shook off the thought wandering down to where our suits used to hang. I found Gar admiring the name tags on each of the tubes.

"It's weird seeing them empty" I said startling him.

He turned around instantly.

"Why did you leave?" He asked.

I sat down on the bench motioning for him to do the same.

"Growing up as a young girl and seeing my father protect the people of this planet, had always made me want to become a superhero one day. I mean, I am half Kryptonian and half mutant. My parents being the most powerful of their species. It was destined for me one day do the same as they do" I said.

"Do you talk to your mom?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"She didn't want me when I was born. And I was okay with it, all's I needed was my dad. But when he died, something changed inside me. Fighting crime and protecting these people didn't feel right, just knowing the person who killed him is someone he had saved before" I said. "I didn't leave because I wanted to. If anything I wanted to stay here with the people who loved me but the pain was too much and I needed to give up Supergirl. Even though this is where I belonged."

"Do you regret leaving?" He asked.

I sat there for a moment thinking of the answer.

"I don't regret much in my life but I do regret leaving my family behind" I said.

"I remember hearing about Superman's death. It was all over the news" he said.

"Sometimes I blame myself for not being able to save him. But if it was meant for it to be that way it would've happened, it was his destiny to die" I said holding back tears.

"I think you're more bad ass than him anyway" he said.

I smiled turning to the boy.

"You remind me of my younger self a lot. You're strong and not afraid. Well sometimes" I laughed. "But when it comes down to it, you're ready to fight. You're special even if you don't know it yet."

"Thanks Olivia" he said.

"Oh Gar, you can call me Liv" I smiled.

I wrapped my arm around Gar as we walked back to the kitchen.

"What is this place?" Rachel asked.

"Home" Dick said.

He turned around walking towards me. Gar went to stand by Rachel as Dick snaked my right arm around my waist.

"Our home" he said.

He grabbed my face placing a kiss on my lips as the kids groaned.

"Gross" Jason said.

I smiled looking over. The kids went to pick out their rooms as Dick and I stood there staring at one another.

"So, same room?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.

He placed both hands on my waist picking me up as I straddled him. He ran towards the room dropping me onto the bed.