Jasmine

Ranveer came to pick me up so that was a weight lifted of my shoulders. Luckily he didn't seem too annoyed.

Anyways. Today is my birthday and they've all given me presents.

A 19th birthday isn't even that important. Why am I getting gifts.

"janmadin mubaarak ho priy. Have an amazing day. I promise we will be there for your next birthday." My mum wished me over the phone. (Happy birthday my dear)

My entire family wished me a happy birthday over the phone so I was there for a while.

. . . .

It was currently 2am and I was on call with Michael.

He's currently not my manager so it's okay?

But right now, we're watching Fantastic Mr Fox because I've never seen it before.

"I liked that movie. I like George Clooney's voice" I said when the movie ended.

He chuckled lightly "me too sweetheart. Me too. So what did you do for your birthday?"

"Hey! How did you know?"

"You told me in the email you sent when applying for the job in the café"

"Oh? Oh I did, didn't I? I wasn't supposed to do that."

"That's okay sweetheart."

"Well I didn't really do much. I did get presents. I got a really cool bracelet from Abhi bhai" I showed him an adjustable bracelet with three nazar beads.

"That's really cool"

"Thank you"

"Do the blue beads signify something?"

"They keep away evil eye."

"Oh. That's good?"

"Yes. It is" I smiled. "OH MY GOSH" I whisper shouted "Ranveer got me this really super cool star wars poster and a Chewbacca sweater. I'll show you when I come back. They're absolutely amazing. And then Arjun got me an adorable stuffed elephant teddy. I'll show you that too. My mum and dad got me really pretty anklets and my grandparents gave me money"

"That's alot. Wow. Which one is your favourite?"

He genuinely seemed interested? That's new.

"The star wars stuff of course but the money is really helpful too"

We talked for a while but before I knew it, I was falling asleep.

. .

I woke up at around 1pm and thank God Michael hung up because that would've been so awkward.

I did get a couple of voice messages from him.

"Good morning or afternoon sweetheart. I hung up a few minutes after I realized you fell asleep to make it less awkward"

"But I hope you had a great birthday. Well I know you did" he chuckled "but have a great day today and I can't wait to see you again on Saturday"

He was just perfect in every way.

. .

Ranveer and Abhi had a job interview in Central London so they took Arjun and I with them and it was amazing.