Jasmine

"Yes. Yes. He's a nice guy."

I was on call with Abhi to convince him to let me bring Theodore to London for Diwali.

"Where's he from?"

"From here"

"His parents?"

"His dad is from China and his mum is from Korea"

"When's his birthday?"

"September 18th"

"His height?"

"Okay now why does that matter?"

"I'm just making sure man"

"What? Nevermind. So can he come or not?"

"I want to talk to him"

I looked at Theodore, who was doing homework on my desk.

"Fine. Theodore, my brother wants to talk to you"

He turned around and gave me a nervous smile. "Which one?"

"Oldest"

He took the phone from me. I knew Arjun was threatening him in Hindi because Theodore was giving me confused glances.

After a while, he gave the phone back to me

"He can come but he's sleeping on the sofa"

"YAY. Okay. We'll be there on Saturday"

"See you soon"

"Bye!"
"YOU CAN COME!"

"YAY" he replied excitedly. "I don't have any kurtas though"

"That's okay. You can wear one of my brother's. Wait- stand up" I stood up, and so did he.

I stepped back and scanned his body up and down.

"I think you'll be able to fit in one of theirs" we both sat down.

"Perfect"

"Or I could buy you one. If we go a day early, we could quickly get one. My grandma is friends with alot of people so we could maybe get a discount? I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"We can go get one. It'll be like a date"

"It's going to be some shit date. WAIT- BUT THEN WE CAN HAVE INDIAN STREET FOOD. you're not allergic to anything, are you?"

"Nope"

"Perfect" I smiled, going back to my laptop to edit some pictures I had taken.

"Sorry I haven't taken you out on any actual dates. I just can't be arsed. Not 'i can't be arsed to go out with you' I just can't be arsed to get dressed up and you know"

"I exactly know. I can't be asked either. It's too much effort. Plus, I like it being just us two. Maybe we can go in the future but right now, it's perfect"

You like Michael.

Fuck off. Where did you come from?

Just a reminder.