Bonus XI

After their wedding

Alex

"Go to sleep Jas" I mumbled, half asleep.

"I'm not- tired" she stifled a yawn. I reached over and took the TV remote out of her hand before taking her phone too and putting it on my bedside table. She sighed. "I'm really not tired. I can't sleep"

"Try" I closed my eyes, putting an arm around her waist and pulling her closer.

~·~

I woke up in the middle of the night from muffled barking. I put my hand on the bed to feel Jasmine's side of the bed empty. At first I didn't think much of it because I just assumed that she might've gone to Leo or Michael's room but she never does that. That was until I saw the hallway light on through the thin crack at the top of my door.

My God. It is 4 in the morning.

I debated whether or not I should get up but ended up getting up, brushing my hair back. I looked at Cerus sleeping on his bed.

"Jasmine?" I called. I leaned over the balcony to see the kitchen light on. This girl.
I sighed and walked downstairs and to the kitchen. "Jas...What the fuck are you doing"

"I couldn't sleep so I'm colouring" she said with a smile on her face. I looked over at Astraea and Loki walking around the kitchen whilst the rest were probably in their room.

I sighed and leaned on the island on my elbows with my face in my hands, on the verge of falling asleep.
"Jasmine. You haven't been sleeping these past few weeks. Is everything okay?" I stood up straight and walked to her. "Talk to me, princess"

"Everything is fine. I don't know why I can't sleep but it's okay. I'm not affected. I mean, I know the dark circles around my eyes say otherwise but I swear, everything is okay"

I sighed and draped my arms over her shoulders and rested my chin on her head. "Come up, my darling. Please?"

"But-"

"I know. I know. You're not tired. Just lay with me" I kissed her cheek. She sighed and put her pencils down. She turned the stool around and smiled up at me.

I picked her up, allowing her to wrap her legs around my waist, taking her upstairs.

I whistled to get Loki off my bed before putting Jasmine down. "Have you had water?" I asked. She nodded. "Good because I'm not getting up" I climbed under the covers as she rested her head on my shoulder and put an arm around my waist.

"Do you ever get mad about the fact that I got an abortion?" She asked just as I was falling asleep.

"When did you- oh"

"Do you?"

"Of course not. What makes you think that?"

She shrugged, tracing the tattoos on my chest.

"Is that what has been keeping you up all night, princess?" I gently rubbed her back.

"No...I don't know. Do you want to make cookie bowls?" She changed the topic.

"Sure" I put an arm under my head and closed my eyes. I felt her move my hand off her waist and get up so I grabbed her t-shirt and pulled her back. "Not right now, you eejit"