Chapter 4: Hive

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 4: Hive ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

I then extended out a hand, engulfed in blue energy beams, smashing the window. Daisy and I jumped, grabbing the hook before making our way down towards the Zephyr. The Inhuman in the elegant suit sent a wrench over towards Joey, knocking him to the ground. But before the Inhuman could do anything else, Daisy and I used our powers, sending him back onto the ground. We then made our way inside, finding the team in one of rooms. They were relieved and happy to see us. May then quickly flew us back to the base, where Lincoln, Elena, Joey, and I were all talking about the mission in the locker room.

"Elevator door opens. He comes out." Elena mentioned. "Bullets. Boom, boom, boom! And the soldiers, 'ahhh'!"

We let out laughs, happy that it worked out. Elena then gave Joey a playful push. "This man!"

"Hey, I just stopped the bullets, but you dropped 'em down." Joey pointed out, brushing off the compliment.

"No, you guys all did so good." Daisy praised. "We were asked for a miracle, and we came through. You're a hell of a team. You okay?"

I then turned around to see her looking at a wound. Elena glanced down, noticing it for the first time. "Oh, I didn't even feel it. You run fast, things happen, huh?"

"Yeah, you sure you're all right?" I questioned.

Elena nodded. "Yeah."

"Hey, thanks for having my back when I went down." Lincoln said, looking at Joey, who gave him a small nod. "You saved me. Daisy's right. It was a good day."

"No, when you grab the head of Hydra, it's a great day." Daisy corrected.

"You think he'll give us anything?" Joey asked.

"Well, Coulson's questioning him right now." Daisy informed us. "Soon, you'll get cleared to go home, but if he talks, we might be on another mission."

Joey gave Daisy a nod before leaving the locker room. Poor Joey was shaken up. I felt guilty, sensing his fear as his hands trembled. No doubt killing Lucio was the reason he was shaken up so badly. Not long after Coulson interrogated Malick, the head of Hydra, we discovered that we were on lockdown. Daisy was the one who had informed me. We met back in the locker room, and I couldn't help but feel anxious.

"You think they're onto us?" I questioned.

"No, I doubt it. This is all protocol, but I think Coulson's lying about the real reason for the base lockdown." Daisy explained. "We gotta move fast."

"What about Gideon Malick? I have a feeling he's telling them something about Inhumans, that's why Coulson's kept you in the dark." I pointed out.

"Then we have to silence him." Daisy urged. "It's what he would want."

"I got it." I offered. "Hydra's done so much terrible things, made people, families suffer. Believe me I know, so let me do this."

Daisy hesitated before nodding, letting me go through with this. "But don't look suspicious."

I nodded. With that, we each went our separate ways to make sure they would suspect us and get what we needed. Daisy hacked into the system, disabling all the cameras of the base, while I turned off the lights. Meanwhile, Daisy went to grab what she told Hive we needed.

Meanwhile, I grabbed a grenade from the room where all the weapons were before storming over to the interrogation room. That's where Malick was being held. I could rage brewing inside of me. Thanks to Hydra, my entire life fell apart. I had to hide, change who I was. Now I will get revenge today. With that in mind, I stormed into room where Malick was. Malick was sitting behind a table, hanging his head. He slowly raised his head to face me. He didn't looked surprised at all.