Chapter 53: The Sapphire Volt

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 53:  The Sapphire Volt ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"This isn't a dream. I'm actually a person. I'm a being." He informed me, causing me to stare in shock. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see. But don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid unless you're made of scissors. Just a little rock-paper-scissor joke for you."

I then let out a nervous chuckle. "Uh-huh, right. Real clever."

"Thank you." Korg replied, sounding like it made his day. "This is my very good friend over here, Miek. He's an insect and has knives for hands."

Miek gave a small wave with one of his knived hands. I stared at them, still trying to procress all of this. I can't take this. What are they? With that, I blurted out. "What are you?"

"I'm a Kronan." Korg mentioned before glancing over at Miek. "Not sure about Miek. And who are?"

"Human, well, I was before I was transformed. After I came into contact with Terrigen mist, I was covered in a husk before breaking free. Now I'm an Inhuman." I explained.

Korg stared in awe. "Sounds fascinating. Are you an insect?"

"What? Why would you ask that?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Well, it sounds a whole lot like chrysalis." Korg mentioned.

"Chrysalis?" I repeated, baffled.

"Yeah, it's when a cattepillar--" Korg began.

However, I cut him off. "I know what chrysalis is."

Miek let a few chirps and grunts, baffling me. Korg understood him as he quickly translated. "He also thinks it sounds a whole lot like a butterfly."

I scoffed. "That is ridiculous. I'm not a butterfly or an insect. I am a human whose D.N.A. was biologically altered."

Korg raised his hands. "Sorry, no need to get all worked up."

"I'm not..." I trailed off in frustration.

I clenched my fists as I inhaled deeply. These two will be the death of me. I decided to change the subject as far away from the current one. With that in mind, I inquired. "How did you end up here?"

"Well, I tried to start a revolution, but didn't print enough pamphlets. So hardly anyone turned up, except for my mum and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator. Bit of a promotional disaster, that one. But I'm actually organizing another revolution. I don't know if you'd be interested in something like that. Do you reckon you'd be interested?" Korg asked.

Oh wow. I didn't expect that...I gave him a sympathetic smile. "Uh, I'll get back to you on that."

I then inspected the room. I then tried to wander around in hopes I'd find some vent or something else to escape, but I kept ending up right next to Korg and Miek. What the hell?

"What the..." I said, stupified.

"Yeah, no. This whole thing is a circle. But not a real circle, more like a freaky circle." Korg informed me.

"This doesn't make any sense." I retorted.

"No, nothing makes sense here. The only thing that does make sense is that nothing makes sense." Korg stated.

Well, for once, I agree with him. All of the sudden, the door opened, revealing a guard, who motioned for us to follow him. Korg and Miek immediately made their way towards the door. Unsure of what to do, I trailed behind them.