Chapter 40: Back Into The Real World

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 40: Back Into The Real World⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"Why didn't you come and tell me?" Daisy asked.

"Because I don't answer to you, not here or any other fantasy world you two might have cooked up." May retorted, glaring at Coulson.

"You told her?" Daisy inquired as she looked over at Coulson, baffled.  

Coulson shrugged. "It came up in conversation."

"Can you explain how the existence of an alternate reality come up in in casual conversation?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I'd like to think it's because we were bonding, though I don't really want to speak for her." Coulson mentioned, wearing a sheepish smile.

"You're really not helping." Daisy retorted.

"Don't worry. Melinda here said she'd keep an open mind." Coulson assured us.

"We can't leave without Simmons." Daisy said, returning to the matter at hand.

"She knows how to stay off-radar. I'm sure everything's fine." May commented.

With that, May stormed off, leaving Daisy, Coulson, and me alone. This was growing more complicated by the minute. While Jemma was off to see Fitz's father, I learned that Robbie, Gabe, and Uncle Eli were off on a mission, helping those fight back, which made me proud. I'm glad Uncle Eli wasn't corrupted by the Darkhold here. I always knew there was good in him. Once we were prepared, I approached Alberto's and Elizabeth's room to find Alberto, Elizabeth, and Rosalia playing and talking with Hope.

"We're leaving on a mission." I began.

"You going to fight more Hydra bad guys?" Alberto inquired.

I nodded. "I am. I'm going to put an end to this today. Rosalia is going to stay here and take care of you. Be good for here."

"Can I talk to you outside?" Rosalia offered.

I nodded. "Sure. Take care, Al, Lizzie. I love you both."

"Love you too!" Both Alberto and Elizabeth exclaimed.

My heart warmed as they gave me warm smiles. I then wrapped my arms around them, pulling them into a tight hug. I then gave them one last look, knowing this is the last time I'd ever see them. My future with Jeffrey was over, destroyed by Aida, by the Framework that I helped build.

Once Rosalia and I were alone in the hallway, Rosalia spoke up. "I can't lose you too. You're like a mother to me."

"Everything will work out the way it's supposed to." I assured her. "And whatever happens just know, I'm glad I got to know you, Rosie. I will always live on in your memories. A part of me will always be with you. I need you here because one day you will lead and inspire those here, like your Uncle Jeffrey. Tell Robbie, Gabe, and my Uncle Eli that I love them."

Rosalia then wrapped her arms around me, giving me a tight hug. Once we pulled away from the hug, I gave her one last smile before parting ways. With that, I returned to Quinjet to see Jemma walking towards us with her shirt covered in blood. My heart clenched.

"Simmons. You okay?" Daisy asked, earning a nod from Jemma.

"What happened?" I inquired.

"I was trying to save Fitz." Jemma answered.