Chapter 35: The Attack Of the LMDs

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 35: The Attack of The LMDs ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

At the facility, we didn't find Jeffrey, frustrating and upsetting me. Where was he? I knew we were led us into that facility on purpose. Anton Ivanov called Coulson, letting him know this was personal, blaming it all on Coulson, who had nothing to do with the interrogation, torturing, and killing of Anton's comrades. I paced around the control room walking by the screens.

Fitz ran in followed by the rest of the team. Fitz threw up files and alerts on the screens. But as I inspected it closer, I realized what it actually was. It's the Framework code.

"What the hell is this?" Coulson asked, baffled.

"It's the Framework code." I informed him.

Fitz nodded. "Exactly, and it's worse than I feared. We traced where the data is being processed. It's everywhere."

"What do you mean 'everywhere?'" Coulson inquired.

"The code is piggybacking on the processors of devices from all over the world. It's like S.E.T.I., only you don't opt in." Fitz explained.

I grimaced. This is worse than we thought. This Framework is massive, way bigger than the simulation Fitz and I created. This reality could be an entire world, our whole world. This was all hard to wrap my head around. The neurons in my brain were working at super speed, trying to understand this. Daisy gasped. "My God. If Radcliffe is using this much processing power, the Framework reality could be..."

"Massive." I agreed, finishing her sentence.

"So you can't track its origin?" Coulson questioned.

"Not yet. Doesn't stay on any one device long enough." Fitz explained.

"How is all this even possible?" Jemma inquired, perplexed.

Honestly anything is possible, because Radcliffe has the Darkhold." I stated.

"Well, find it. Find something. We don't leave our people behind." Coulson ordered.

Fitz gave him a nod before taking off, making his way to the lab to continue to work on his task. At that moment, Daisy took over, having new information from her tablet.

"Okay, so we think we found the next clue in this fun, little game. Ivanov mentioned his SVR unit being tortured and executed and that he was gonna do the exact same thing to us. So I looked up SVR detention centers connected to the unit number found on the dead agents' uniforms." Daisy began. "And this one right here was a front during the Cold war for a submarine base."

She then pointed to the screen behind her, which was a map of Russia. The location was off the coast of Russia. Mack then took over, chiming in. "And since we know Ivanov has a submarine, like all good Bond villains..."

"We're already en route to the base in Krasnoyarsk Krai." Daisy added.

"Let's assume the enemy knows we're coming. They've been baiting us this whole time. We may face strong opposition...trap doors, sharks with lasers...who knows? It doesn't matter. What matters is getting our people back, so let's get ready." Coulson ordered.

Hang in there, Jeffrey. We're coming to get you. We're going to get both Jeffrey and May. I'll make this right, I'll show Mack and everyone else that I'm nothing like Radcliffe and Uncle Eli. Once we arrived at the location, we blew a hole inside the side of the facility and stormed inside the place, splitting up. I went with Jemma to the communications room along with Davis, Fitz, and Jemma. While Jemma and Fitz were in the room, Davis and I guarded the door for any intruders. All of the sudden, we heard an agent over our comms.