Chapter 80: The Decision Of A Lifetime

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 80: The Decision Of A Lifetime⍟ ⎊ ⧗

I let out groan, feeling immense pain course through my body. When my eyes fluttered open I found myself in a dark room with blue lights in the form of alien writing I hadn't seen before, glowing all around us. The room spun around for a moment before the dizziness I felt subsided. Okay, this is strange...

I turned around to see I wasn't alone. Daisy stood here along with a Kree man with black hair, blue eyes, blue skin and white and blue paint on his face, and wearing elegant black robes. Who the hell is he?

"Give yourself a moment to adjust. Your minds will clear shortly." The Kree man advised.

"Where am we?" Daisy asked.

"A neutral location perched near the edge of the galaxy, safe. I assure you. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the firstborn Taryan, Master of the House Kasius." Taryan said, introducing himself as he gave us a small bow.

I mentally groaned. Great, so this is the dad of the two Kasius brothers. After this, I'm so done with the Kree, all of them.

"Kasius?" Daisy repeated.

Taryan extended a hand towards us. "Please, just hear me out. You are both Inhumans. I always knew the tales of the experiments were true."

"Okay, for the record, we don't love to be called experiments, just moving forward." Daisy retorted.

"Yes, we're people too, you know." I chimed in.

"No, I imagine your people treated you unkindly." Taryan pointed out.

"We've worked through it." Daisy mentioned.

"You both deserve better. All Inhumans do, something better, elsewhere." Taryan commented.

"Where are our friends?" I questioned.

"May? Coulson? Marisol?" Daisy inquired.

"You mustn't worry about them. They are your past. I am your future." Taryan replied. "You are formidable, but your strength has been going to waste. Come with me, and I can show you how to unleash your power."

I narrowed my eyes at Taryan. He wants us as his gladiator slaves. Daisy raised an eyebrow. "As your weapons."

"As my disciples." Taryan corrected.

Oh hell no, what is it with the Kasius family and believing they are gods? There is only one God, and the Kasius family needs to take their huge egos down like several notches. Daisy groaned. "Oh, God. What is with your family and this God complex?"

"What do you know of my family?" Taryan questioned, tilting his head.

"Plenty." I retorted.

"Well, then you know that I am from a long line of inventive thinkers. I have ideas, methods, which don't, shall we say, mesh with those of my breed." Taryan explained.

A shiver ran down my spine upon hearing his words. That was never a good thing.

"That's not completely chilling." Daisy quipped.