Chapter 101: Heading To Yucatán

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 101: Heading to Yucatán⍟ ⎊ ⧗

I didn't stop as I slowly attacked her motor functions, made sure her breathing stopped as soon as she hit the ground. It was an aggressive move, but I knew what I was doing. This wasn't the end of Stella. The hits were effective, killing Stella. However, like I mentioned, I knew she would be back. I sat in the chair, waiting for her to come back to life with some answers. Levi flew off my back, raising the edges of its fabric as if asking why I did that. At the same time, I heard Jemma's voice ring out from the camera on the ceiling, pointing right at me.

"Mariana, what did you just do?" Jemma questioned, sounding baffled.

"I took your advice. I stopped running from the problem. And instead, I tackled it." I mentioned.

"I meant try a little emotional honesty, not murder!" Jemma scolded.

"You were right that I was avoiding something. I finally read the letter that Coulson left me, and it's even more clear now that she is not me." I explained. "I know what I am."

"So you decided to snap her neck?" Jemma retorted.

"What if she doesn't wake up?" Juliana inquired.

"If it gets us answers, I don't mind taking the risk." I shrugged.

"A word of warning would've been good." Fitz commented.

"Would you have tried to talk me out of it?" I asked. 

Deke, Jemma, Fitz, and Juliana immediately blurted out at the same time different responses though they were in agreement.

"Definitely!" Deke exclaimed.

"Probably." Jemma said.

"Obviously!" Fitz shouted.

"Uh, yeah!" Juliana retorted.

"Which is exactly why I didn't say anything. If she's strong enough to kill Izel, I want to know what she is." I mentioned.

"You and Daisy had the same response of violence." Jemma informed me. "She's currently in his cell..."

I raised an eyebrow. She was doing the same thing. Interesting. No doubt she was thinking the same thing. If Sarge and Stella are the only weapons that can defeat Izel, then we need them on our side.

"We could've talked about this. Clearly you're sleep deprived, you hadn't had rest in days. There could have been another course of action to take." Jemma argued.

"No, this is the only way. I know what I'm doing. We need Stella and Sarge to reveal what they truly are. Check your scanners and tell me what you see." I ordered.

After a short pause, I heard Deke's voice ring out. "Mariana, get out of there. It's not safe."

"She'll be waking up soon." Jemma added.

"Good. I want to hear what she has to say." I mentioned.

It wasn't long until Stella woke up, slowly climbing up from the ground. Stella let out a groan before turning to face me.

"Ah, you're finally awake. Remember anything new after your second trip to the great beyond?" I questioned.

Stella narrowed her eyes at me, looking furious. "Get out of my way."

"What do you know about Izel? Where is she taking Mack and Yo-Yo?" I questioned.

"I said get out of my way." She warned.

"I am not going anywhere, so talk." I retorted, taking a step towards her.

Stella took a deep breath, grimacing. She looked away for a moment before turning back to face me with a terrified look on her face. She saw something.