Chapter 79: The New Talbot

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 79: The New Talbot⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"Here we go." Mack said, taking out a pair of daggers.

"If you need a gun, you'll take one, right? Here, take this one." Coulson offered, handing her a pistol. 

May hesitated before taking it. We all stood alongside one another, hearing as the pounding grew louder. We began to hear the same slamming sensation from the other side of the room.

"They're everywhere, just like I said!" Deke exclaimed, beginning to panic.

"Just hold steady!" Coulson ordered.

As the pounding grew louder and quicker, so did my heartbeat. I thought it would go flying out of my chest. I'd do my best to make sure these Remorath didn't hurt the team. I'd go down first before I let anyone else on this team die. I concentrated on my hand, revealing a sword of blue energy, baffling Mack and Coulson. They both looked at me in awe.

"I didn't know you could do that." Coulson commented.

"Yeah, story time later. If we survive this." I assured him.

The pounding then stopped, and we heard nothing but silence. They couldn't have given up so easily. A shiver ran up my spine as I anxiously waited for something, anything. They were up to something, I just knew it. We then heard metal clanging from above us. They were in the vents. We watched as they barged out from the back door on the top railing.

They were dressed in all black with black paint across their faces in all sorts of patterns and wearing bandanas. Like Deke said, they had razor long claws. Deke, May, Coulson, and Fitz began firing at them. But they lunged off the railing towards us, continuing to make their way towards us.

"We don't have enough ammo to hold them off!" May exclaimed.

I immediately lunged towards them, clashing my sword against one of the Remorath's razor sharp claw. I quickly kept up with the Remorath, hitting his claw every time he tried to strike and hit me. However, he kept failing. I then used all my strength to push him back, causing the Remorath to stumble back. With the Remorath distracted, Mack impaled from behind him, causing the Remorath to collapse in front of me. I gave Mack a grateful look.

I then changed my sword to a blue energy whip. I saw one sneaking up on Deke. Oh no you don't. I immediately swung the whip, wrapping it around the Remorath and flinging him towards me. As soon as he was close, I used my another hand creating a sword, impaling it into the Remorath's chest. The alien collapsed onto the ground in front of me. Deke stared in awe.

"Wow, that's so cool!" Deke exclaimed.

Another one lunged towards me, but I quickly wrapped the energy whip around his waist before flinging him back against one of the walls. As more of them began to close in, I moved back towards the group to protect them. We all stood back to back, huddled in a circle. This was it...our last stand.

"I'm out!" May exclaimed.

"Me, too! Look, May, this probably isn't the best time." Coulson began.

"It's not!" May shouted, cutting him off with a stern look.

"Bullets didn't do much to these guys anyway." Mack commented.