Chapter 95: Three Marianas

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 95: Three Marianas ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

In a heartbeat, we appeared on a different planet. I recognize this planet, we're on Aakon. The planet was filled lavender grass and fields, purple buildings in the distance, and clear blue skies. The past me looked around in awe.

"Where are we?" She questioned.

"Aakon." I answered, earning a baffled look from her. I shrugged. "I've been in space for a year. I have been to many planets. Why did we land here?"

"I don't know...but as long as we have the disc, we should be fine." The past me assured me.

All of a sudden, a bird flew down, snatching the disc from the past me's hand before it vanished in the air. I mentally cursed. Great...now we're stranded. As if this day couldn't get any better. I gave her a glare.

"Don't say it." The past me said, already knowing what I was thinking.

How would we get the hell back to Earth? And that's when it hit me. I had my comms that I could use to contact Rocket and Nebula. It was a device on my watch, a touch screen that monitored my vitals and stored information for me and it would appear as holograms. It was a project I was working on, something that I told Tony and he was very excited to see it. He wanted me to bring it into the Stark Industries, believing it would help the world.

"Where did you get that? And who are you contacting?" The past me inquired, baffled.

I raised a hand to hush her before contacting Nebula and Rocket. I just hope they're on the ship and they are on a mission close by. I anxiously waited for an answer, hoping one of them would answer. After what felt like an eternity, I heard Rocket's voice.

"What's up, you've reached the recording message of Rocket, leave your message after the beep." Rocket announced.

I let out a sigh, mentally cursing. Then I heard Nebula's voice ring out in the background. "Rocket, who is contacting you?"

I narrowed my eyes, immediately speaking into my watch. "Rocket, I know you're there. This isn't a voicemail."

He let out a nervous chuckle. "Hey, Mariana, uh, I was just messing with ya."

I rolled my eyes before responding. "What if I was contacting you because my life's in danger and you pull this stunt?"

"Is your life in danger?" Rocket retorted.

"Well, no, but--" I began.

However, Rocket cut me off. "Then everything's fine."

I fought the urge to face palm my forehead. I let out a sigh, trying to calm down. It's not worth getting angry with him. Besides I need his help.

"Rocket, I need Nebula and your help. We're stranded on Aakon. Is there any chance you might be able to come pick us?" I questioned.

He let out a sigh. "Oh jeez, well, we're in the middle of a mission across the galaxy."

Fortunately Nebula told me a bit about her team, those who were her friends, who called themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy, which Rocket happened to be a part of. So I knew about Rocket and his interests, which I was hoping to appeal to in order to get him to get us quicker.

"If you come for us, I'll give a box of rifles and a robotic arm." I offered.

The past me stared at me as if I grew a second head. Meanwhile, Rocket sounded baffled as he blurted out. "How do you know about that?"

"A certain someone told me a little bit about you." I mentioned.

"Nebula..." He grumbled before letting out a sigh. "What kind of robotic arm?"