Chapter 19: The Surprise Visit

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 19: The Surprise Visit⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"You don't have to be alone in all this. We're all here to help you." I mentioned, breaking the silence. "We're friends."

"People are better off away from me. Whoever I get close to...death follows." Daisy mentioned.

"That's not true. You got close to me, you taught me of my abilities, and because of your help, you made me realize what a privilege it is to be an Inhuman. It may be hard, but that's why we need to stick together." I protested. "This may be your fight, Daisy, but you're not the only Inhuman out there. We can't everything on our own, believe me I have tried to do this myself. It nearly cost me my life and the lives of everyone around me...I understand, Daisy, more than you realize. You aren't the only one whose actions put lives on the line."

Tears filled Daisy's eyes, but she remained silent. So I continued on. "You think distancing yourself from those you love and care about will be better for everyone...but that's not true. On the contrary, you're only hurting them. I have no idea of how much my family suffered when I faked my death, but I could feel their emotions with my powers, and it was immense....way more than I could've expected. Just imagine what you're doing to the team, your friends. I know you told Coulson that you're staying until this is taken care of, but can you at least think about it?"

There were more tears in Daisy's eyes and I knew she was doing everything to hold it back. I knew what she needed, but she wouldn't ask for it. So I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a hug but giving her enough time to pull away if she didn't want the hug.

"Come here." I advised.

Instead of pushing me away, Daisy returned my hug as tears streamed down her cheeks, letting out a sob. My heart clenched. Daisy's become such a great friend, helping me out when I needed her the most. I hated to see her like this.

I remained with Daisy until she was feeling much better. Once I left Daisy, I looked for Robbie, who was still in the containment module. His head was buried in his black gloved hands. I cleared my throat, causing Robbie to raise his head. Immediately, he wore a guilty look, causing my heart to clench. He looked so sorry. But what did he do?

"I'm sorry, Mari. I really am." He began.

"Robbie, what did do?" I questioned.

"You don't want to know." He warned.

"Well, I vouched for you, believing you'd keep your word, so you need to spill it." I urged, sounding harsher than I intended.

I winced, especially when I saw the look of hurt on Robbie's face. I let out a sigh, stopping myself from getting angry. If I get mad at him, it won't solve anything. I took a deep breath, calming my shaking hands. I then walked towards the window of the containment module to see Robbie a whole lot better.

"Robbie, I'm sorry...I'm just worried for you. Tell me, please. I want to understand." I insisted.

He hesitated. "Do you remember the night I went to race Tío's car, I took Gabe with me...?"

My heart dropped. We didn't speak much about that night...it was April 22nd 2012. I was at work, at Cybertek, when it happened. I got the call from Uncle Eli late into the night while I was in one of the labs. I remember rushing out of my work and heading over to the hospital, finding Gabe and Robbie in beds with Robbie unconscious.

"Fifth Street Locos..." I said. "They're the ones who shot you and Gabe. After you were both released from the hopsital, they began to disappear until there was no one from the gang alive."

"There was one left...in that prison." Robbie corrected.

He didn't have to say another word. I could do the math and from the look in his eye, I knew what I suspected was true. He let himself turn into the Ghost Rider, killing that last member of the Fifth Street Locos. I let out a sigh, shaking my head.