Chapter 47: Nightmare

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 47:  Nightmare⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"Fine. But you've got five minutes." I informed him.

Stephen wore a relieved look as he replied. "That's all I need."

So with that, I led Stephen out towards the front of the house, knowing the backyard would be packed with family members. Once we were alone in the front, I turned to face Stephen, waiting for him to say what he wanted to. This better be good. I watched as Stephen struggled with his words. After a few moments, he inhaled deeply, finally speaking.

"I'm sorry about what I said. I just thought you hated me, and well, I didn't want to call you a friend because I thought that's not what you wanted." Stephen revealed.

I scoffed. "I was going to say the same about you. With Hydra, Hive, and everything else."

"I don't hate you." He confessed, rubbing the back of his neck as wore a sheepish smile. "I would like to be your friend, if you'd like."

Looks like Gabe was right. This was a misunderstanding after all. I cracked a smile. "I would like that."

A smile grew on his face, matching my own. Before either one of us say a word, Gabe then approached us with a relieved look on his face.

"There you are. We're going to sing las mañanitas." Gabe informed us.

Stephen furrowed his brows. "Las what now?"

"Oh you'll love it." I said.

Without thinking twice, I grabbed his hand, leading him into the house. Once we were inside, all eyes were on us, wearing smug and amused looks. Why were they looking at us like that? I then felt something warm around my hand. Immediately, I looked down to see me holding Stephen's hand. My eyes widened in horror. Oh no. Stephen wore a sheepish smile, and immediately I apologized before tearing my hand away.

"Don't worry about it." He assured me.

But I still felt bad, especially knowing my family wouldn't forget this ever. After my family sang the song, I was about to move out of the way, knowing what was about to happen. But it was too late, I felt several hands at the back of my head, pushing me forth, dunking me head first into the chocolate cake with blue frosting. Everyone let out cheers, wearing grins. This happened every birthday within the family, which is why a second cake was bought or made to eat. Meanwhile, Stephen and Luna stared in shock, completely bewildered. The moment my eyes met his, I saw the corner of his lips turn upward as he let out a chuckle. A smirk grew on my face as an idea came to mind. I grabbed a chunk of the destroyed cake and rushed towards Stephen. His eyes widened.

"Oh hell no." He said.

Stephen then took off, running into the kitchen. As I chased after him, I shouted out. "Come back here, Strange!"

That birthday was quite memorable and one of the best I ever had.

~October 31st, 2017~
Another month arrived and still nothing from Hunter, frustrating me once again. Just wait until I get my hands on him. Halloween arrived and I expected the Sanctum to be decorated in Halloween decor for the holiday. However, instead, the place looked the same and if anything, all the Masters of the Mystic Arts were on edge, looking nervous and terrified as if something big was about to go down. However, no one said a word to me, leaving me in the dark. That was something I always hated. It made me feel invisible. Tired of all this secrecy, I decided to confront Stephen, who was in the library. He was speaking to Wong in hushed whispers.

"We need to put more barriers around the Sanctums and Kamar-Taj." Stephen commanded.

"We've already put more than enough barriers, Strange. Why don't you tell Mariana about this? She can help us against this threat. She's one of the most powerful people on Earth, and in this galaxy." Wong suggested.