Chapter 66: The Day It All Ends

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 66:  The Day It All Ends ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

My heart dropped. They wanted us dead. This wasn't good at all. I understand where they were coming from, but killing us won't solve a thing. Voss then lunged towards us, Daisy and I both ducked, avoiding his attack. We quickly spilt up. She dealt with Voss and three of his people that closed in on her, while I dealt with the rest, which were three of them.

The first one, a woman around her late twenties lunged at me with a knife. I dodged her attack, she swung again and I blocked with my arm before striking back. I struck low, hitting her stomach. As she bent forward, letting out a grunt, I struck again, using my feet to sweep her legs, knocking her to the ground. The second one, a man in his thirties wrapped his arms around me. I hit his arm before bringing it down, causing him to stumble back. I then spun around, kicking him in the stomach, knocking him to the ground.

I spun around to be greeted by a fist against my jaw. I let out a cry, feeling immense pain as I tasted the metallic tang of my blood. I wiped my blood from my lip, turning back to face whoever hit me. The fist belonged to another man, much older. He swung his arm towards me prepared to hit me again. However, I dodged in time before grabbing his arm, bending it back before flipping him back onto the ground. At that moment, Robin approached us. My eyes widened.

"Robin, stay back!" Daisy exclaimed, also noticing her.

"This is the last day." Robin whispered.

"I was hoping I could get to her, but if not..." Voss trailed off as he looked back at Robin. "I can't have you give her the answers. I'm sorry. It's the only option I have left."

He then impaled Robin in the stomach. My heart dropped as I watched, unable to do a thing. No! Not Robin! Daisy and I looked in horror, shouting out. "No, Robin!"

Robin grimaced as she leaned forth, placing a hand over the wound. At that moment, Coulson approached us, looking over at Voss. "And here I thought we were getting along."

Together with the three of us, we mocked Voss to the ground. Daisy grabbed his arms, preventing him from going anywhere. Marisol and May ran in, horrified to see Robin, now lying on the floor. Marisol walked over towards me, while May rushed towards Robin, pulling her into her arms.

"Oh, no. Robin. You're okay. You're...W-We're gonna take care of you. Shh. You're okay, you're okay. You're okay." May assured her.

Robin raised her head, looking up at May with a small smile. "Oh. Mom?"

"I'm sorry. She's not here, but I'll stay with you." May offered.

Robin's smile grew. "You always promised you'd be here at the end."

I was taken back upon hearing her words. She raised Robin? May was a mom? Apparently so was May. She stared at Robin in shock, blurting out. "I-I raised you?"

"After my mother was gone, we lived together." Robin informed her.

"Why me?" May inquired. 

"You weren't afraid of what I could do. You always said I had a gift. And that one day I could help save the world. I'm supposed to tell you something, how you can get back home. You're needed for more than you realize. I know you can save the world. You were right. I've seen it. I just haven't lived it yet." Robin croaked out, losing her strength.

May cradled her face, urging her to stay awake, asking how we would get back home. We watched as Robin whispered something to May. As she spoke to May, Voss glanced over at us, giving us a dirty glare. "When you destroy the world, you remember this moment. Remember I tried to stop you. That's why you will fail. 'Cause you're not willing to do what has to be done."