ONE

"ANOTHER day, another school." Lucia sighed.

"Oh come on, Cia, Mom says we might be here longer this time. We could actually make some friends and settle down this time."

"Yeah, Mom says a lot of things, Lukie." Lucia said.

"Please don't call me that, Lucia."

"No promises."

She then slid out of the car and Lucas followed her inside, already making his way toward a group of girls.

Lucia rolled her eyes and began walking to the councilor's office, but couldn't find it.

"Where the hell is it?" She groaned.

"Need some help?" A voice asked.

She spun around and saw a curly-haired girl standing there.

"I'm Sam. What're you looking for?" Sam asked.

"Lucia. I'm looking for the councilor's office."

"Oh, it's just this way. Follow me." Sam directed.

"Okay."

Lucia followed the girl down the hallway and they took another turn before arriving at the office.

"Here we are."

"Thank you, Sam." Lucia thanked.

"You're welcome. Have a good first day." Sam smiled before walking away.

"Yeah, first and last day probably." She muttered before opening the door to the office.

"Ah, you must be Lucia. I'm Councilor Blatt and this here is Moon, who'll be showing you around today." Councilor Blatt introduced.

Lucia looked from her to Moon who flashed her a bright smile. Lucia parted her lips, staring at the wavy-haired, brunette.

She stared at her dazzling, hazel eyes down to her perfect nose and to her plump lips.

"Here is your schedule along with some papers for your parent or guardian to take a look at. You can follow Moon out for your tour. I hope you have an amazing first day." Ms. Blatt smiled.

"Thank you."

Moon stood up. "Follow me!"

"Okay."

The blonde followed Moon out of the room and into the hallway.

"I'm Moon Pearson, which Ms. Blatt already told you, of course, but that's me! You're, like, really pretty by the way." Moon complimented.

"Oh, thank you."

"Duh, of course. Let me see your schedule!" Moon exclaimed and plucked the paper out of Lucia's had.

Her eyes scanned the paper, Lucia watching her intently.

"We have homeroom, first, second, and last period together. That's awesome!" Moon cheered.

"Oh cool." Lucia responded.

"So, this school is pretty cool, well except for some people. Like Yasmine. She's a total bitch. Don't tell her I said that, though, she'd turn this into a whole Sam situation." Moon rolled her eyes.

"Sam? Like brunette Sam?"

Moon gasped. "You know Sam? Are you some sort of witch?"

Lucia smirked. "No, Moon, she showed me where the councilor's office was."

"Oh. Right. Well, yeah Yasmine is super mad at Sam and I guess I'm mad too, but I feel like being mad at her is stupid."

"Who is Yasmine?" Lucia asked.

"Oh yeah, you're new. Yasmine is my best friend, but sometimes I wish she wasn't. She pretty much rules the school." Moon explained.

Lucia nodded. So Moon was popular then. For some reason, it made sense to Lucia that Moon and her friends held that title.

With her looks and bubbly personality, anyone could like Moon.

They continued their walk around the school and Lucia could see how popular the girl was when practically everyone in the halls greeted her.

They finally arrived to the classroom and Lucia spotted Sam.

Sam waved to them and Lucia gave a half-smile, waving back.

Moon looked between the two, a feeling rising in her stomach. Moon was never really an angry person unless she had to be, so she wasn't sure what this feeling was, or if it even was anger. Maybe jealousy? But why would she be jealous? She barely knew this girl.

"Here, come sit next to me." Moon whispered and grabbed her arm.

Lucia followed Moon and the two sat down next to each other.

The bell rand and Lucia sighed, waiting for the day to be over.