TWO

THE lunch bell finally rang and Lucia walked to the cafeteria as fast as she could.

Once she got to the cafeteria, she looked around to see where to sit, but couldn't find Moon. She wasn't sure if she wanted to sit with Moon. First, because of Yasmine, and because she wasn't even sure if she could consider Moon a friend. Did she want Moon to be a friend? Did she maybe want her to be more than a friend.

Lucia saw three boys sitting at a table and walked over.

"Hey. I'm gonna sit here, okay?"

"Uh..."

"Says who?" A black-haired boy asked.

"Says me." She replied and sat.

They all looked at each other and the shy, sandy-haired boy shrugged.

"I'm Miguel." The last boy stuck out his hand.

"Lucia. It's my first and probably last day." Lucia replied, shaking his hand.

The other two looked at each other confused.

She looked to the other two.

"I'm Demetri, and this is Eli. He doesn't talk much." Demetri introduced.

"Hi." Eli waved.

"So I'm gonna take it that this isn't the popular table?" Lucia raised her eyebrows.

"Oh no, we're he most popular boys in school. Eli here is the homecoming king, I'm dating queen bee Yasmine and Miguel here is a player! He has like ten girlfriends!" Demetri exclaimed.

Lucia smirked. "Nice sarcasm. I like you."

"Why thank you. I like you too Lucia."

Lucia smiled, then looked over to Eli.

"Your lip. Did something happen?" She asked.

He swallowed and covered it with his hand.

"Cleft lip. This is just the scar from the surgery." He replied sadly.

"Oh, I see. Well, I for one think scars are cool. They tell a story."

Eli smiled and pulled his hand away from his face.

Moon looked over at the blonde again, squinting at her.

Why was she sitting with those boys? Who were they again?

The only one she really knew of was Miguel because he was also knew and the fight that had happened a few days prior in the cafeteria.

"Hello, Moon, Earth to Moon! What're you looking at?" Yasmine snapped her out of it.

"What? Nothing." Moon lied.

Yasmine rolled her blue eyes, knowing Moon was lying to her.

"Who is that girl?"

"She's the new girl. Lucia. Today was her first day, I gave her her tour. She doesn't think she's going to be here long though considering they move a lot." Moon explained.

"Good. One less nerd at this school."

Moon rolled her eyes and picked at her food, sneaking glances at the blonde every once in a while.

"So, what do you guys do for fun around here?" Lucia asked.

"Well, I do karate. It's fun, you should try it!" Miguel encouraged.

Eli nodded his head yes, but Demetri seemed to disagree.

"No, I highly recommend that you don't! On my first day, his sensei beat me up and took my money! Don't get yourself into this mess, Lucia, it's not worth it." Demetri warned.

Lucia smirked. "This sounds fun, when can I join?"

Demetri huffed and sat back in his chair, looking defeated.

"You can join our next meeting! Just give me your number and I can give you all the info!" Miguel exclaimed, excitement rising in his stomach that more people were joining.

"Awesome."

The blonde gave each boy her number and that's when the bell rang to signal the end of lunch.

"Well, I'll see you boys later. Bye." She waved.

Lucia left the cafeteria, avoiding the crowd of people she knew would be rushing out and went to her next period, ready for the day to be over.