SIXTEEN

DEMETRI went to serve the ball over the net, but failed.

It was Hawk, Lucia, Moon, Demetri, and Bert at the beach.

"Mulligan, send it back."

"There's no mulligans in volleyball."

"Says you." Demetri rolled his eyes. "Water break."

Moon grabbed Lucia by the waist as Demetri talked to some girls about Cobra Kai.

"Hello there." Lucia said.

"Hi." Moon cooed.

"We're gonna go for a swim, catch up with you later?" One of the girls asked.

"Most def!" He exclaimed. "That means most definitely."

The girls giggled and walked away.

"Look at you, player." Moon smiled.

"Demetri's got some girls." Lucia sang.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Moon whispered in her ear.

"You read my mind. Let's go!"

They raced down to the water and immediately jumped in.

Lucia lied on her back, floating, and Lucia grabbed her legs, spinning around.

Lucia laughed and raised her arms in the air. "Whoo!"

Moon laughed and Lucia stood up, picking up Moon, spinning her around.

Moon laughed hysterically and smiled at Moon's laugh.

"I love your laugh."

"And I love your face."

The girls smiled and shared a kiss, being the happiest they've ever been.

🌈

"So, I did a deep dive online—." Hawk started, the next day at karate.

"Here we go." Lucia sighed.

"And you were right. Sensei is definitely Keene's father."

"He's what?"

"Yup."

"Keene? As in Robby Keene?" Lucia raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, Robby Keene."

"Shit. So he steals Miguel's girl and he's our Sensei's son?"

"Sam allowed that to happen." Hawk rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, is she really that bad? I mean, she was nice to me at the beginning of the year. We never talked after that, but she seemed nice. Even Moon made her seem sweet."

"You know what, I just don't understand why he wouldn't tell us." Miguel stared down at the mat.

"I don't know, but it explains why he's giving us shit about kicking Keene's ass in the tournament. Show no mercy, unless it's his son." Hawk said.

Miguel shook his head.

"You guys, have you seen the commercial?" Aisha walked up to them.

"Commercial? What commercial?" Lucia asked.

"Sam's dad started his own dojo and he dissed Cobra Kai." She informed.

"Are you fucking serious." Lucia shook her head.

"Look!"

She handed them the phone and they watched the video. He referred to Cobra Kai as "a snake in the grass."

"What an asshole." Lucia shook her head.

"I told you." Hawk replied.

"Sam and her father are two different people." She reminded.

"Fall in!" Johnny walked out of the office. "We've got work to do."

🌈

After filming a commercial for Cobra Kai, Johnny dismissed the class and Lucia walked outside.

She was surprised to see her mother parked outside of the dojo.

"Mom?" Lucia asked as she got in the car.

"Hi honey!" Leah smiled.

"What're you doing home?" Lucia asked.

"I got off early again, so I'd thought I'd surprise you. And take you out to dinner."

"Awesome." Lucia smiled.

Leah let Lucia go home and change as well as pick Lucas from the house and take them out.

They went to a cute diner where they ordered milkshakes and burgers.

"So, my Cia, how's karate going?" Leah asked.

Lucia nodded. "Good. It's going really good, Mom. I'm enjoying it a lot. I wish you could've been there to see the All Valley, though, it was awesome."

"I wish I could've been there too, but I'm glad you did amazing, even if you didn't win. I'll be there for the next one, I promise." Leah promised.

"Good." Lucia smiled. "Do you...Do you think Dad would be able to come down for it next year?"

Lucas and Leah looked at each other.

"Cia, uh, you might not want him there after we tell you that he's getting remarried. And neither of us are invited to the wedding."

Lucia's heart sunk. "What?"

"I'm sorry, Lucia. We would've told you sooner, but—."

"No, I don't care about that, I just don't understand why he wouldn't invite us. I mean, we're is kids, his real kids and he doesn't want us at his wedding?" Lucia said, her eyes watering.

"I'm sorry, Cia, I know how much hope you had in your father." Leah apologized.

"Whatever. Can we go home?"

"Sure, I'll get the check."

Once Lucia got home, she didn't answer her calls or texts, nor did she go to Valley Fest where Cobra Kai would interrupt Miyagi-Do's performance.

Moon had texted and called her, asking why she didn't see her, Hawk, Miguel, and Aisha doing the same, but she just couldn't get herself out of bed.

Why did she feel like nobody loved her?